[TW:gaming]Looking for Computer Gamers to play Indie games - Starting with Night of the Dead

As I continue to work on my sobriety… I am playing a good amount of computer games still.

I play Indie games - so you wont see me touching Call of Duty… I guess I played CoD when it first came out.

Nowadays I LOVE survival games. For example NIGHT OF THE DEAD is my current favorite. Its on steam Early Access. Start with nothing, search for answer, survive zombie waves at night. I have a small server as well for Night of the Dead. I love the games where you need to scavenge for supplies.

Other games Id play are like strategic shooters, not spray n pray.

Satisfactory is a huge addiction to me in the land of PC Gaming.

Since I am a computer gamer - my sobriety is directly connected.

If you want to chat up - my STEAM USERNAME IS neal1211 — please give me a headsup on here if your going to add me to your steam list! i dont add everyone.

My steam profile is https://steamcommunity.com/id/neal1211/ (sorta locked out)

I also wanted to maybe find a group to play phasmaphobua but don’t know anyone to play with.

I’m literally out of people to play with soccer sobering up. Not… Goos at anything wkse

im 68 years old play fifa 21 on ps4 im a ex pro so i can run around without getting out of breath lol

1 Like

Hello! I got into gaming in sobriety after almost 15 years away from it. I learned how to build PCs during lockdown due to my main system metaphorically blowing up and am the proud owner of 2 absolute beasts of systems now. Gaming has been a blessing with keeping my brain busy (I love grand strategy and logistics/management games) and I’m pretty immersed in some great communities because of it. I moderate a few communities on Twitch, run a server (7 days to die) and a Discord (not my own).

Games I absolutely love… Factorio and Satisfactory are my two that I keep going back to and have the most hours in. Europa Universalis 4 and Total War: Warhammer 2 are the strategy games that have a ton of hours as well, and Crusader Kings 3 is the newest one I love. I came back to 7 Days to Die when they did a big update and decided to run a server for the Discord community I run. I love the game! I’ve been keeping my eyes on Night of the Dead, hopefully it becomes as in depth as 7 Days, it looks much more pleasing to the eye.

Generation Zero is a fps game I can highly recommend that is an indie studio. It’s one of my all time favorites and the most beautiful looking game I’ve ever played. Fps isn’t my go to, but it’s a great break from making my brain bleed with strategy and logistics. I can’t recommend it enough!

My Steam name is MeggyMeggars77.

Sent you a steam friend request. We have a bit in common actually.

I also like management games too. Check out Works and Resources: Soviet Republic for a early access crazy city management game. GREAT soundtrack too.

I have soooooooo many hours in Satisfactory… its scary. It wont show it on Steam but my Epic version has A LOT of hours. I havent played it in awhile tho. I am waiting for the next big update as I played AAAAAAAAAA LOT.

I liked factorio but not a whole ton. Not a fan of that top down. Then I got addicted to Satisfactory.

I HAVE to have the Aracnophobia mode on in Satisfactory. Even then I still get terrified.

I played a ton of 7 days to die and I have probably ran 7 or 8 servers for it over the years. Some were quite popular which actually annoyed me. I wanted to play… not fix player bugs. I am just burned out of it too. I saw it updated but I just feel its too much the same now. I started playing it when it was very early EA so I have played it a lot.

I have 650 hours in 7 days. Im sure people have more and are still addicted to it. Someone I work with is addicted to it and keeps wanting me to go back. But I just have no interest. Even if I didnt run a server - no interest. Im one of those players who prefers to play on their own server than complete strangers.

I wouldnt mind playing that new ghost game if I can ever find 4 people for it. Ghost hunting co-op seems interesting.

I have 142 hours in Night of the Dead. It is VERY fun. Ive only had it like 3 weeks. It gets pretty tough. But they also like to put an emphasis that it is NOT 7 days to die - your goal is to not get to wave 800. I think only 30 waves. The real goal is to DO THE STORY they say. I try to but things get crazy. I had my base burn up in flames because fire spreads if your base is wooden.

I am not a super crazy computer nerd like I used to be. I was all about making my own desktop and such but then I guess… I got lazy LOL. I prefer gaming laptops so I can sit on a couch and watch TV or lay in bed and watch TV LOL… I do have a desktop that I use for gaming but right now its choke point is the processor being 8 years old. I have a 6 month old Dell G5 gaming laptop. I couldnt believe I bought a Dell… I have hated Dell for years. But when I was at best buy - I was comparing between Asus, MSI, and this Dell. All the specs were the same and the Dell had best reviews. The MSI was expensive and I am not someone who needs it to glow every single color around the edges…