Ugh! I was doing SO GOOD šŸ˜”

I woke up today. Sober. Iā€™m happy about that. I need to remember how good it feels to feel this way everyday. No regrets, nothing stupid said, no hangover. Life will be great today.

7 Likes

Sorry to hear about your current struggle. Hopefully your neighbor situation will get sorted out when court is involved. As far as your husband, hopefully a cool down period is needed and perhaps the divorce was mentioned in anger. Explain to him that you said things out of anger and frustration and see if he is receptive. Thereā€™s always a chance of couples therapy if there is underlying issues that need to be addressed. Perhaps he could benefit from alanon also?? Good luck

1 Like

Iā€™m so happy that your husband is giving you a chance. I really am. My ex wife gave me many chances but I was extremely blind to the fact of my alcoholism and drug habit. She ended up leaving me and we divorced back in July.

Iā€™m on day 44 in my sobriety now. Iā€™ve learned so much in those 44 days. It hurts to think about my ex wife but I do it anyways. I do it to remind myself of how foolish and ignorant I was.

Keep what your doing. Use that love and desire to be clean to fuel that sobriety. As for your fucking batshit crazy neighbor, keep an eye on that fool and always be aware of your surroundings. You canā€™t sleep on crazy ass idiots like that. Explain to the judge your situation and be honest.

3 Likes

Wow that is just insane about your neighbor, how old is he? Iā€™m glad you went to a meeting. Have you ever considered rehab or an outpatient facility? It may help to do this for you and your husband also try going to counseling together. I pray everything works out for the both of you and stay safe. :pray::purple_heart::purple_heart::heartpulse::heartpulse:

1 Like

Yes waking up sober is one of my favorite things. And waking up is a privilege for sure! You can do this. Take it one day at a time.

1 Like

Glad you jump right back on here.
I am trusting just like you and it frustrates my husband to no end. I can not believe that there are evil people in this world either.
Keep being you, just watch out for those red flags. Easier said than done I know. Big lesson learned

1 Like

Absolutely. I will propose that too.

Thank you! I will check in on the 13th and let you guys know how court went. Ugh

2 Likes

He is 70 years old and either suffering from dementia or is on drugs.

It happened in October and the harassment didnā€™t stop and I wanted to drown out the frustration. Big mistake. But Iā€™m here and fighting and wonā€™t let external forces take hold of me this way. Problems will always exist. Some are bigger than others but itā€™s NEVER an excuse to give up myself.

4 Likes

1 week today!! :boom: woo hoo!

Court tomorrow at 8:30am to face psycho stalker and finally get this restraining order or hopefully he gets arrested on the spot with my evidence. He has not stopped terrorizing me. On the bright sideā€¦ Iā€™ve toughed it out and not ran to the bottle! Iā€™m really proud about this. My anxiety has been through the roof, a couple times I had really bad panic attacks, Iā€™ve had nightmares and still havenā€™t gone to the only crutch Iā€™ve ever knownā€¦ Iā€™ve faced it, head on, Iā€™ve been scared but I still walk through the fire :fire:. No turning back now!! Thank you all for your ongoing support. It truly means the world to me. Several times when Iā€™ve thought of giving up Iā€™ve come to this thread and re-read your responses! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

7 Likes

Hello MoPo.

Here you can clearly see that alcohol is whatever but solution. How did it help to you?
We all have some hard time and it does not really matter what it is. What does matter is HOW we cope with it.
Believe me (and I know you do) alcohol makes things LOOKS easier for a very short while. But once your drunkness is gone things are back where they were and sometimes even worse. Alcohol never has any good impact on things or on us.
This is why I know one thing for 100% - that I would never ever use an alcohol as a solution or as an escape tool. Because it is not.

I really wish you all the best! 6 months are awesome :heart: and I believe you can already see the difference between drunk / sober and so you know what you really want in your life :blush: This relaps is not the end of your life although the consequences might be tough. Take this lesson, tidy up the mess and keep going!
:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

It could be that your anxiety and panic is not caused by external circumstances like your stalker. Though thatā€™s not gonna help! My worst anxiety was due to my drinking and the psychological defense I built to protect it. Getting professional help (for me that was counseling and not medication) was fundamental to breaking down my denial. I think my experience was in fact one long and deep and thorough admission of powerlessness.

1 Like

I swear a neighbor girl of mine just went through the same exact thing. Her neighbor terry just went crazy on her and I could swear he had a thing for her. I remember being outside smoking a cigarette and my husband and I could hear the arguement. I think he was drunk I remember thinking Iā€™m glad thatā€™s not me. Without my sobriety it would be me. I hope the clawson police department can take her situation seriously because this terry guy gives me very bad vibes. Best of luck to you. It will definitely be easier to get through being sober.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind and stern words! This is the exact advice that works with me! Honesty and knowing that the solution isnā€™t in a liquid that gives you a complete false sense of realityā€¦itā€™s true, time to dust off and keep movingā€¦

1 Like

I agree. Maybe Iā€™m using the stalker thing as an excuse for my anxiety but there is definitely deeper underlying issues. Once I get through this situation, Iā€™m going to seek professional help. I know it has to be counseling if some sort because I know I donā€™t want medication. I tried it once and it didnā€™t work well with me. Thank you!

Ah that awful. Itā€™s crazy how someone you think you know so well can just flip on you so quickly. I hope your neighborā€™s situation gets resolved as soon as possible. Iā€™m going to keep strong, present my evidence and leave the rest to the universe. Thank you for your reply!

He showed up to court and asked for a continuation. I have to go back Dec. 4. I was just granted a temporary restraining order until then, but Iā€™ve had one this whole time and nothing has happened. Letā€™s see.

This app is keeping me sober! I know itā€™s so overwhelming but I refuse to keep things inside anymore because thatā€™s how I end up doing stupid things.

3 Likes

Posting FROM a meetingā€¦ yeah cause that doesnā€™t show commitment! Thatā€™s awesome. You know what it takes to do this, you have to put hard work in. I wish you continued luck on your journey. Thank you for checking us ALL and reminding us itā€™s a marathon not and sprint and it takes a village to do battle. Iā€™m here for battle and we ALL got your back! :muscle:

2 Likes