UK Peak District Hike - Postponed (new date TBC)

Iā€™d be up for snowdonia :sunglasses::love_you_gesture: 3 more weeks and I can start getting training days in, bloody frustrating at the moment with other commitments. @anon12657779 you need to pm me when I miss too much of this thread :joy: Darren have you calculated time in that 20 miles for accent and decent, my concern is that you would be hitting around 11hrs walk time with varying abilities in the group :thinking: still up for it though

1 Like

Iā€™m in if it works logistically

1 Like

Ok Michelle.
It has gone a bit nuts lately.
Iā€™d like to do the Crib Goch route ok on Snowdon. But Iā€™d rather go with someone than on my own.

1 Like

I did 30 miles in the peaks last year in under 12 hours, donā€™t know how the ups and downs would compare though!

3 Likes

The other thing to look at is as the Peak District route is circular, people can come and go as they please really. Work a route out back to base, so to speak.

2 Likes

Anybody else up for this??? :grinning:

All welcome! Like @anon12657779 said can do as much or as little as people like, doesnā€™t have to be the full 20 miles.

Darren I am guessing there are plenty of accomodation options by Mam Tor? Iā€™d be happy to camp or hotel.

I can also help with transport if people from further afield can get themselves to Liverpool or Manchester.

We will definitely have to have some Bakewell pudding too!

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a nice 100 mile walk accoss North Yorkshire. Never done it, itā€™s called the Cleveland Way. Most people take camping gear and sleep at certain points of the walk. The 20 miler sounds nice. I have never been to the Peak District.

Itā€™s on my birthday Iā€™d love to do it but transport is an issue.x

1 Like

If we have enough interest shall we start talking dates and getting some sort of commitment down? Iā€™m happy camping for the night

On day 12 just found this thread. What a find.I love walking . Often head off in my camper van . Not sure i can make 20 miles but if i keep hiking i will get thereā€¦ and join a walkā€¦

1 Like

16th May is the date we are looking at :blush:

Iā€™m committed!

2 Likes

Yh possibly

Iā€™m committed

1 Like

Bloody heā€™ll I was thinking of joining in until I read this!

1 Like

Iā€™m likely to be going so if you can get yourself up to Manchester on the train then I or me and Darren could pick you up from there. What say you @DarrenUK?
@Conor689908 co nor is this what you were referring to? I think that im game for this,I will need to get me a good pair of hiking boots though. How many miles walking are we talking @siand and are we going to be camping? I will have my van if we need to transport a load of tents etc
Ooh this could be really good,if people donā€™t mind me coming that is!? :slight_smile::slight_smile:

5 Likes

Nothing set in stone yet Gaz.
What is appealing is the fact that the route is a nice circular one so we can have a base in the centre somewhere and people are open to do whatever they want.
It could actually be a great occasion with people meeting and then whoever doing what ever they want but we have a central place where we can have a big get together.
Iā€™m going to get a map sheet and have a better look at it and maybe make some suggestions.
We have a couple of months.

2 Likes

Yep I donā€™t mind collecting people :grinning::ok_hand:

1 Like

I donā€™t know how it compares but if a ferry to Liverpool is easier/cheaper let me know and I can collect from there or Runcorn (train from Liverpool)

1 Like

Donā€™t forget Yeah, Iā€™m coming up the M5 M6 so can pick people up if needed.