UK Peak District Hike - Postponed (new date TBC)

A few of us have been on about getting together for a hike for a while so here we are organising it!

Looking at Saturday 16th May in the Peak District, with some people arriving the night before. We will pick a campsite in Edale to set up a base (but there are plenty of other accomodation options nearby, for those fancy folk that prefer central heating).

Exact route TBC nearer the time, the idea will be to cater for people of all abilities.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’d be up for this.

Good read. Maybe something other than the main peaks?

1 Like

Totally open to suggestions. I don’t know what’s around in Shropshire that is fairly central to the three of us.

Shropshire has the Long Mynde. I don’t mind traveling to somewhere

1 Like

@DarrenUK what do you think?

What about Northumberland and do some dark sky camping?

@RedDragon @Iwebt @Frantasticooo want in?

2 Likes

Yep- or the Peak District or Snowdonia?
As long as I’ve got the weekend free and have plenty of notice I’m happy :smiley:

What about partners? Happy with or without, whatever the general consensus is I’ll go with

Sounds good. Up to everyone else. Though I don’t know if Jen would be free she’s got a lot of work for her master’s. Plus she don’t do the rough sleeping.
But I’m good for anything. Anytime baring the weekend of 11/July.

1 Like

I’m happy for partners to come but I don’t think Tom would.

Would love to another time. Right now I can’t justify the cost of getting down there. Thanks anyway! Maybe for the 2021 Hiking Club!

1 Like

When you say camping…you mean nice warm hotel right??

5 Likes

You should hop on the train and join us Menno :blush:

1 Like

Well who knows? It’d be nice for sure. I might not have the free days to do it this year. But I’ll keep an eye out for how this develops. :smiley:

1 Like

Beautiful. It somewhere I’d like to go one day.
I’ve just been up on Bredon Hill. Beautiful sun whilst in the valley really low cloud.
You fancy this get together later this year?

1 Like

Just plotted a 5.6 mile walk up Cadair Idris which is a nice walk and relatively easy. Loads in North Wales.

Dependent on ability- I’m up for Crib Goch / Snowden though… ?

4 Likes

Or alternatively there is the Peak District 25 mile challenge which incorporates all the highest Peaks and is done over the course of the day. They have set events but I could easily plot and navigate myself :walking_man:‍♂

1 Like

If @anon12657779 hasn’t been to the peak district then maybe we could try there? Also fairly accessible for anyone who might want to travel.

Could we say 20 miles max though please? I don’t want to go too OTT before the west highland way!

1 Like

Peak District is cool. If we want to do the challenge.
@DarrenUK, I’m definitely up for the Crib Goch Snowdon though. I want to do that way.
I’ve booked myself in to do Snowdon with the company that I’m doing the Fan Dance with on the 1st February. Two weeks away.
I don’t know which route they will do yet but I doubt it would be the llanberris one. And I don’t think it’ll be Crib Goch because it says depending on ability.
The idea is it’s a training session where we get the chance to learn how to TAB/ yomp military styley with a load.

1 Like

Yep- could plan a route starting from the car park at Mam Tor and walk along the ridge to Win Hill then head onto the Kinder Plateau and back- let me do a quick plot now

2 Likes

Glad it’s got Kinder scout in. How many peaks?