Unbowed, unbent, unbroken

I yoused that heading for a very good reason for myself. It is the house words of House Martell from Game of Thrones and i think it applies to the way im feeling right now :joy::pray:. On the 28th of February 2022 i sat in my local pub with my cousin for what i told my parents was a “quite pint”. It turned out to be the last night i have drank or took drugs up until today. I have had worse nights than that night. But that night after waking up the next day which was the 1st of March 2022 i was broken and mentally destroyed. I thought is this really were my life is going? Is this the kind of person i was destined to be? My mother came home from work and told me what happened and i cried in her arms and told her i didnt want to be this way anymore. I got in contact that day with my cousin who is a long time in recovery and on the 2nd of March 2022 i went to my first AA meeting. This Wednesday the 1st of March 2023 i will celebrate 1 year of sobriety. There has been many emotional rock bottoms but faith in the meetings, the higher power and good members that im proud to know call friends, im in the best form ive ever been. Never give up, never give in. I will not be broken by this cunning, baffling and powerful disease. Keep faith and thank you to everyone. :pray::peace_symbol::v:

16 Likes

Wow congratulations on your year for Wednesday :sparkler:

1 Like

1 Like

Thats exciting!

1 Like

Thank you for your words. It’s good to know when enough is enough. Congratulations on your progress!

1 Like

Congrats and continue on your journey ODAAT

2 Likes

Congratulations on 1 year. You are an inspuration. Well done.

1 Like

Congratulations, a great achievement!

2 Likes