Unhappy and Unbalanced

Unhappy amd unbalanced

I was called this over a week ago and have not been able to shake it. I agree with the person who said it to me and also has been a bit of motivation for me cause as much as i sum it up it is true. Im not unhappy with all aspects of my life but there are many parts of my life i am i truly do believe this will be the hardest hurdle to get over i made a post yesterday and still stand by it. With the latest relapses n trouble with the law my scale has tiped to unbalanced as much as my girlfriend is trying to keep me on my own two feet i know its up to me im not sure if im asling for help or something or just venting all i know this is healthier then holding it in i was made aware of recovering as a couple i have to be aware that i have to keep my urges to myself because i dont want to get her at a weak moment ill be honest im feeling alot better just writing this down so thanks if you read or even just ya well to another 24 above ground breathing air being sober

8 Likes

And another 24 tomorrow
You’re going to hear this every time
ONE DAY AT A TIME
It can be ok

2 Likes

It’s important to acknowledge and validate your feelings, even if they’re difficult to confront. It’s okay to feel the way you do, and it’s a positive step that you’re recognizing the need for change and improvement in your life.

Remember that recovery is a journey, and it’s normal to have ups and downs along the way. It’s great that you’re aware of the impact your actions can have on your girlfriend and that you’re committed to keeping your urges in check for both of your sakes.

2 Likes

I have been called similar. I think it is ok to be sensitive. The only thing I know for sure is drinking or using or anything that makes us escape unpleasant feelings just makes us less able to accept them and deal with them.
Letting out feelings here is always a good option. There are always listening ears, whatever the time.

2 Likes