Unique AA topic

Tomorrow is my 2 year(yay!) And I am also chairing my usual noon meeting, I’ve been trying to think of a unique topic for tomorrow, any suggestions or good topics you all have heard lately? I appreciate it :blush:

16 Likes

Way to go on your two years!!!

1 Like

2 years! Woohoo! That’s exciting!

1 Like

Congrats on your upcoming milestone.
That’s huge, thank you for being an inspiration.

Topics… “Fears you’ve lost” it is a positive take away. but I does bring one back to why we surrendered. And the biggest fears can be the biggest inspirations I think.

Enjoy your meeting you’ve earned it!!!

4 Likes

Congratulations!!!

Sadly I can’t help with meeting. The 2 I go to are either a speaker meeting (no topics) or a step discussion. They rotate step 1-3 and a tradition each month. I swear Ive discussed step 2 to death!!!

LOL

2 Likes

Congratulations on 2 years!
I like : Sobriety vs. Recovery- whats the difference?

4 Likes

How about unique ways to carry the message or help the newcomer?

1 Like

Congrats on 2 years! That’s amazing and very inspirational.

I attend women’s meetings and the last meeting had a few moms where their sons were just deployed to Iraq so our topic was acceptance. They obviously fear for their children but it’s what the children want to do and mom has to accept their decisions without showing the fear. They felt better after discussing their fears with us.

2 Likes

Congratz! 2 years is a huge milestone!
Topic hmm mayb what got u sober for 2 years!
Its unique, especially for the newcommer, u can be a positive example that is Works!

2 Likes

Wow! 2 years!! :astonished: Well done and congratulations Emily!

1 Like

Where has the time gone??!!! 2 years, girl! I almost can’t believe it!

As far as a topic, make it something personal. Maybe talk about your initial skepticism or hangups about things in AA. The things that bothered you. As well as the same for sobriety in general. There has been a huge resurgence of skepticism here about AA (new years, new sober people) and I would imagine that hearing about how you have personally went through early sobriety and recovery, flaws and all, would help newcomers see that things are possible if your mindset is open and willing. I also love the suggestion of sobriety versus recovery. They go hand in hand. Then maybe throw a light hearted bit at the end about how much money you have saved. Money catches everyone’s attention.

3 Likes

Just share you strength and hope , i usualy share on recovery as im almost double years sober than i was drinking , but i wish you well

3 Likes

Congratulations 2 years is amazing,topics I always find talking from your heart fear,joys,hangups,milestones your journey.xcc

1 Like

Talk about you, you are a unique topic. Only you have achieved this with your own strength and determination, share your day 1, day 100 and day 200.

6 Likes

Failing inspiration, I try to think of a topic that really helped me get right at some point.

Rock on with those two years! :partying_face:

2 Likes

I know! 2 years has gone quick! It’s crazy haha!

1 Like