Update about me

Hey all.

I remember days when I was new here. Very unsure and a little bit scared. But knowing exactly what I want - stop drinking!

Today I am nice 7 months sober. With no struggles, but almost daily listening Recovery elevator podcast which helps me remember why i stopped drink alcohol.

It was my biggest fear that one day I will forget all bad what happened to me because of the alcohol. But now I know that some memories will never dissapear and I am glad for it. I also remember many moments, when I didn’t remember anyhing from the previous day/night.

Whatever memory from my last 16 years I have, it is always connected to alcohol. And that is crazy!

Now I am creating new life. Much better one. I am present and I love myself. I didn’t like the person who I became to be when I was drunk. It wasn’t me. I would never ever put myself through such hell which I walked for so long. How could I not see it?

People, I wish you all the best and mainly clear mind and ability to see how beautiful life really is when we don’t hide it behind the alcohol’s buzz.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

21 Likes

So very happy for you on your 7 months!! Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your journey with us 7 months is awesome :heart::v::pray:

1 Like

Outstanding work.

CONGRATULATIONS

Thats-just-outstanding-clap-clap-clap-GIF

3 Likes

Congratulations on 7 months sober!!! You are an inspiration to those of us who are just starting out on this journey. Good job of showing us how it is done :tada::confetti_ball::ice_cream::rainbow::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

1 Like