Using dxm/ cold medicine. NOT ME! JUST HAVE QUESTIONS

Nah Bruh. It’s not the alcohol that damages your liver. It’s all the other ingredients

3 Likes

You can research this shit on your own, just saying just because dxm has bad stigma attached to it (because its OTC and looked at as a drug desperate teenagers do, and steal) makes a lot of people think wrongly about it. There is actually no confirmed cases of anyone getting brain damage from heavy use of it, no lesions or anything. There is way less deaths attributed to it then alcohol. Its a lot safer than your thinking, not saying at all though its without its risks.

Liver damage is most commonly caused whenever you use a product with acetaminophen as a active ingredient aswell, probably what your doctor was referring to.

What is your goal here? Are you seeking sobriety?

3 Likes

Yup, it was not the rum that was the problem it was the diet soda I mixed into it! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

So what I gather is the hill you choose to die on is defending DXM, a drug you have allegedly overdosed on. I’m not sure if you are doing it to defend your addict behavior, or because you are somehow implying that you are better than others here because you “only” do DXM. Either way it’s a bad look.

Despite what you seemingly continue to think, this is a sobriety forum. Not a harm reduction forum. Harm reduction has its place, but it’s not here. In fact I work in harm reduction, but this isn’t a harm reduction forum. For the purpose of this forum drugs have no benefits.

I don’t know don’t know if it’s your reading comprehension, or your ignorance, or maybe you are just a troll, but everyone here is sick of hearing about your continued support of doing drugs. Have you noticed not a single person had agreed with anything you have said?

I will attribute this to the fact that you are 16 year old drug addict. And 16 year drug addicts tend not to listen to anyone. I just hope you find sobriety before you find a graveyard. Some of us do, many of us don’t.

3 Likes

It feels like you are making an argument that dxm is demonised when alcohol isn’t… Which in wider society may be true, however here you will not find many people who think alcohol is a good idea either :blush:

1 Like

Aside from the fact that this is a sobriety forum, I would say that harm reduction advice can get dangerously close to medical advice. And the internet is not a good place for medical advice as we never really know who is on the other end of the keyboard.

@jake18 as you rightly say, people can look up stats etc for themselves. The real value in this forum is being able to share our own personal experiences, and learn from each other.

You are here because you want to stop using DXM - why is that? It’s not something I know anything about and I would be interested to hear more about what impact it’s had on you and how you’re finding getting sober from it.

3 Likes

im not dependent on anything and never have been, definitely have my problems though

well im not gonna use the forum no more ig my goal isnt getting sober from anything, but rather stopping dxm until i am older.

2 Likes

ive done heroin before. guess what never done it again its easy to pass on cravings. i know i have self control, especially when i know i cant let myself get addicted to things.

Yeah months ago when I made a post on reddit that I was gonna try heroin, everyone said I would be a insta junkie. Months later and i am fine. Cravings are easy to say no to. I know I can use in moderation and wont get addicted (maybe dependent is a better word since addicted means just seeking out any drug use). I know this.

oh yeah I don’t only do dxm. i do much more, but havent had problems with my use of them. you replied before saying “then why do you have such a hard time quitting dxm”. actually i dont really, at all. if i want to do something i can, and now after i had my final experience (for a while), i know i can easily put it down for however long i am looking to.

read my post “the nostalgia always brings me down”. i sorta ranted a lot in that and it basically explains why i use.

yeah i came on because there was a option for this forum on the sober time app. i realize now im not gonna use it anymore because my goal isnt 100% sobriety

I’ve smoked a cigarette before, and never done it since. I know better though, than to assume I can do it on the regular and not get addicted. Maybe I can, maybe I can’t. I don’t plan on testing that.

“Never again” is something you still have time to mess up if you’re not careful. I drank normally for years at the beginning. If I didn’t feel like drinking, I didn’t. If I did, I’d have a reasonable amount and that would be it. It didn’t stay that way, though.

After a while, I started wanting to drink more often, and go an extra drink further. I still had self control, I was just losing alcohol control. And I knew exactly where it would lead if I didn’t get back on track, and I knew it could ruin my life, and all the self control I had was becoming useless as a tool to fight with because the way my brain thought about alcohol was changing due to all that repetition and continued use. This change didn’t happen because I was binging to blackout (that wasn’t one of my things), or because I was drinking every day (I wasn’t, at the time), but because I kept using alcohol to feel differently, and my brain adapted in response to that.

I’m saying this so you can remember to remain cautious. Just because it feels easy now doesn’t mean it will continue to be.

2 Likes

thanks and yes I will always be cautious with my use. after the replies stop I will be done with this forum as its not for me obviously. maybe someday I will come back and give a update on how im doing.

If you are doing a bunch of drugs you are just an addict in denial. But I see you are leaving the forum which is a great idea.

1 Like

We already know where that path leads. Why don’t you come back if you are ever willing to get sober.

1 Like

This is really annoying there are people out there who can control their use.