Utah support

Been sober since 1-14-21 and looking for some sober friends and support in Utah.

10 Likes

Well, I’m certainly not in Utah… but still, there are lots of people here from (I imagine) right around the corner or (like me) on the other side of the planet.
We’re all here for the same reason, and checking in / contributing here is a great way to keep yourself motivated.
I think that one of the main reason why I fell OFF of the wagon is because I stopped checking in here.
If you’ve been sober since January 14th of last year… damn… ! Good for you !!

7 Likes

You have a whole forum of friends now. I have family in Salt Lake City and in Ogden. I know what the stigma that can be like in those citys…google AA meetings near me, Recovery Dharma near me, or SMART meetings near me. Even if you have no desire to work the programs…going will introduce you to completely sober, non-judgmental groups.

4 Likes

I think that @Swim_Track_18 is in Utah. Tyler jumps into the forum once or twice a month.

2 Likes

https://alanoclubslc.org/

I spent six months in SLC a couple years ago. I found it easy to make sober friends here.

3 Likes

@Kyela I’m definitely from Utah and love every minute of it! :smiley: And I swing by the app about once every two weeks, give or take. I’m always here (as many of us here are, as well) if you need anything!

2 Likes

What part of Utah. I need some friends in recovery.

3 Likes

I’m in the greater Salt Lake City area. I hesitate a little in answering this thread because there is no guarantee that someone will get along with another just because they’re on the same app. If you’re looking for people to connect with, I would recommend becoming more active on this forum and also trying out a variety of meetings in your area. This will help give you a variety of connections. You might even find some really fantastic people to connect with in person through your meetings that you can hang out with otherwise.

What is it that you need from friends who are in recovery? Is it simply to hang with people who don’t use, or to have someone to reach out to? We all have reasons why we want things, and if we can define them in our minds then we are better able to get what we’re looking for. I hope that makes sense.

This might come off harsh, but it’s not meant to be: Right now you’re just a name on a screen to me. You haven’t given us anything about yourself or joined in any threads. I live in Utah and am always open to learning more about people who interest me for possible friendship, I just don’t know why I want to be friends with you or what you’re looking for in friends beyond being sober.

3 Likes

Southern Utah. I wish I ended up traveling more often upstate, haha. I’ll send you a message on this app where we can talk a little more. (I just didn’t want to share my city publicly that’s all haha :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

SLC here would love to have more sober friends

2 Likes

Me mr me! Message me

1 Like