Verbally abbusive when drunkšŸ˜”

Thank you TudorDee.

1 Like

Here we go my friend one foot in front of the other. Welcome.

1 Like

Thank you Fargesia.

1 Like

Thank you Private 50.

I was the same way. Itā€™s a terrible feeling. I canā€™t tell you how many "Iā€™m sorry "episodes Iā€™ve had. Alcohol brings out the worst in us. Itā€™s not who we really are. This is a new beginning. There are many supportive folks out here who want to help. :heart:

3 Likes

Hi Jane1. Yes, I know the ā€œIā€™m sorry episodesā€ too well. Not sure yet why I become like that but Iā€™m going to find out, while sober.

2 Likes

You will! We will! Iā€™m newly sober again. As long as we acknowledge our problem and change our words to actions we will be in good shape. You can do this!

Thank you Jabe1šŸ˜

1 Like

Youā€™ve found a group of friends that are on this journey with you! Lots of good reading and advise. Its a hard thing to admit a drinking problem. Good luck!

1 Like

Hi peter! I found it really helpful early on to write down how youā€™re feeling now. I wrote a note to myself on my phone. I was brutally honest with how much I was drinking and all of the bad things that happened leading up to my first sober day. I have only had to read it back to myself once and this stopped any cravings dead! You never have to feel this again! It takes some hard work and an absolute resolute not to pick up but it gets easier as you go along. Well done on deciding enough is enough! Use this place as a tool for your sobriety. Check in daily on the check in thread, I promise, coming here daily works! Good luck fella :pray:t2::two_hearts:

7 Likes

Welcome Peter! Reading a lot of different topics helped me in the early days. Hereā€™s a great place to start: Welcome to the forum! 2021 edition :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Whomsoever.

1 Like

Thank you for the great advice Blondie 1.

1 Like

Thank you Lisa.

1 Like

We all are,

Alcohol releases a demon inside that should never exist I say one of my hugest goals is to fix my family relationship, Yet I recall some of the things I said to my partner when intoxicated, and honestly if she never speaks to me again I understand

2 Likes

We all do stupid things when drunk :pensive:
But the good thing is we can change that by not drinking, so itā€™s curable!
Welcome here Peter! This app helped me a lot to become sober. I am here almost every day since my day 1 two years ago.
See you around! šŸ™‹

1 Like

The fact that you can admit it is really good though. You can see the effect that your addiction has, not just on you, but on your loved ones.

Good news is, it doesnā€™t have to stay that way. You can be different, believe it!

3 Likes

I was the same way. My wife left me before I got help.u can do this brother. Just hang in there and stay sober.one.day at a time.

2 Likes

Iā€™m on day three and say mean things that I donā€™t remember when I drink. Iā€™m going to write down detailed reasons I am stopping. I think that reminder of the awful feelings will help. Great tip!

4 Likes

Hi @Peter1. I am on here because I am getting sober and doing well. I am also on here because I was (notice ā€œwasā€) married to a man who intensity verbally abused me when drunk and he was drunk a lot. He blacked out basically every night so didnā€™t remember the situations. I wish to God I that had the similar benefit of NOT knowing yet I could not forget. His words and angry face destroyed my sense of self. I am officially divorced since October 2020 and he struggles to know why we couldnā€™t make it work. God bless you for recognizing this in you. This may sound harsh but you donā€™t have the right to alter another personā€™s mental state by the actions you take, drunk or sober. Scars go very deep and sorry only goes so far. The only real solution is kindness. Drunk and kind typically donā€™t live in the same house. I am so very proud of you, Peter, for taking this step. You are strong enough for change. I know that simply because you reached out and you WANT it. Human resilience is astounding, really. My very best to you and your family. Please know this was said out of compassion. :kissing_heart:

3 Likes