Vodka martini and spinach dip

I used to go to happy hours about twice a week. Where girls got together had cheaper drinks, appetizers and gossiped about everything under the sun.
Every few days is a new happy hour with a new invite. I have been dodging them all for 2 weeks but I’d like to meet up and socialize with people/go to bday parties but I don’t think i trust myself in a bar environment yet.
I wish I could find some non-drinkers, it seems like everyone drinks around me and you don’t realize that until you stop. I feel great that i feel like i have control over my life with sobriety but I didn’t think i’d feel like such an outcast.

3 Likes

While I share that feeling of being an outcast with you, I can say ;and perhaps it’s the network I’ve surrounded myself with) that Yes I am the only one not drinking, but NO… I haven’t felt pressured or even been given funny looks.

It’s in our heads!

Keep it up!

3 Likes

try a AA meeting youl find quite alot of non drinkers there

1 Like

It will take time to develop that network of people that do not drink… just as it took time to develop the network of drinkers…

Soon you will have a group of likeminded people… and a heavy drinker will be an outcast to THAT group.

1 Like

Go. Have fun. Drink club soda with lime.

3 Likes