Voices in my head

Im currently 14 days sober and the strongest voices in my head were on Saturday when I went to a friends house to celebrate his birthday. “Every one is gonna wonder why you are not drinking”. “You should probably have just one with your buddy since its his birthday”. It happened to come up in conversation towards the end of the night as to why I wasnt drinking and I told everyone I decided to stop drinking. Another guy there mentioned he is currently one year sober. Was cool to know someone else was there whonunderstood my struggle.

5 Likes

Thats wonderful. I also wanted a drink on saturday as it was my mates bday too. Funny same day and same event!!

220 day in and still have that same debate in my head daily lol

1 Like

Mine tell me that I can have one or 2 drinks and stop. Lol. That voice in my head in unfriended today. Silent treatment lol.

4 Likes

The one thing that quiets that voice for me is asking myself, what good that drink will do? I can’t come up with a single honest answer. It’s kind of freeing actually when you actually accept that you can never drink again. I stopped that internal battle of, “I can have just one” “it’s a special occasion” “a memorial tribute is ok”, etc etc etc. What good would ONE drink do? None. Ever. I can think of many reasons it would actually NOT help though. It’s just simply a no thanks, I can and will not drink. It helps me a lot! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Great job!! That’s exactly it too, what will ONE drink do? Nothing good. You’ve got this girl!!

3 Likes

For some odd reason, the voices in my head are saying “You want thin mints. Find some, and eat them.” No, voice in my head. I will not.

7 Likes

I’m going to France in a couple of weeks. Keep thinking well just a bit of wine won’t hurt. But then I remember the last time we went. Basically drank all day and night and ended up ruining our last day with a huge argument. Will be better without!

4 Likes

I am giving in to the voice in my head that tells me I want cookies :joy: More discipline needed!

3 Likes

Now it’s nagging me for Spumoni. I need to go to the dojo to hit and throw things around.

3 Likes

5 Likes

I never heard of Spumoni but looked it up. It looks good! Can see why throwing things around might be needed.

2 Likes

My voice told me to make cheeseburgers. I’m going to listen

4 Likes

My voice said “since you cant get drunk why not have a sugar free red bull!”

3 Likes

Pretty much the same!! Our addiction is waiting for us to fail!! Weve got to be stronger then that monster… FUCK THISE VOICES… you got this girrrl…