Wake Up Call!

Ive been drinking for several years. Mostly wine. I just wanted to sleep and forget. I fell several times in those years. One day got up, made coffee and my arm starting shaking uncontrollably. I tried to make it to my bedroom to lie down. I ended up getting weak at falling. Then my arm went numb. After about 5 minutes my feeling came back in my arm. I was able to get in bed. About five days later went to er because i was having trouble walking and having bad headaches. Aftwr a ct scan it was reported i had bleeding in the brain and its been going on a while. Ended up having brain surgery the next day. Dr told me no more drinking and after that experience im 2mos 9 days sober. I know ill have my struggles and i just think about that time and know i almost didnt make it and it keeps me motivated.

14 Likes

I will be praying for you much love keep staying motivated most of all keep your eye on the prize you will succeed with God first :1st_place_medal:

1 Like

Congratulations on over 2 months sober!

I don’t know if the brain bleed was alcohol related, but your experience sounds like a hard wake up call. Thankfully you’re giving yourself the best chance through sobriety. You’ve got this :pray::heart:

1 Like

Glad you found out early and you’re here with us! That’s great motivation for sure.

2 Likes

Welcome! Definitely there are no good reasons to drink again, for all of us…only bad ones.
No more bleeds, keep your blood pressure normal and enjoy this sober life. You deserve it! Hugs friend

2 Likes