Walking alone -

Letting out a huge breath, that I hadn’t even realized I’d been holding
Everything & everyone around me freezes; not a sound nor a breeze interrupt.
For the first time in what feels like an eternity
I am alone with myself
No distractions or people’s reactions
Just me
& taking inventory I become aware of all the little missing pieces of me.
Little pieces I left along the way, given or taken but anything & anyone I’d grown a love for through my tribulations.
My reflection staring back looks like a young woman who is hurt; the pain in her eyes nearly brings me to tears, she seems as though she is waiting.
But for what? I ask myself
A better life, a better ME. I don’t want to hate myself anymore I don’t regret the love I managed to give when I had none for myself. But no more.i thought I’d have to get used to walking alone- until I met the amazing people at my rehab; one and done for me but it changed me, it changed my life and I am so grateful.

Gods strong textgrant me the patience to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can,& the wisdom to know the difference!

So this is something I wrote while in my first detox at Oakwood Springs in Edmond, OK.
I had completely forgotten about it until a few days ago when I found it. There’s a lot of feelings I was feeling while getting sober but I’d like to share. I think some of you may be able to relate.

8 Likes