Want drugs so bad I'm crying

I literally started crying I want to get high so bad. I’ve been in emotional relapse for a month now I’m just starting to come out of it but I’m still struggling with these feeling.

4 Likes

You have come to the right place to share your feelings. You are brave and courageous for doing so. It’s ok to be emotional. You’re doing the right thing by sharing. Take comfort that you are not alone. Never forget that, you are never alone.

1 Like

It’s okay to cry… tears are actually healing :slight_smile: there was even a point that I grieved drugs bcuz they had been a huge part of my life for so long and i knew i xould no konger do them. It’s natural for addicts to want something that has given us an instant effect for so long. And we didn’t become addicts in 1 day so it will take time for our minds and bodies to adjust. The biggest message I can help with here is to not pick up tho… no matter what. The only way to overcome this is to go thru it. Distraction works well, put on some upbeat music, get some exercise, a mtg is good, coffee with a clean and sober person. This feeling WILL pass. It always does. Doesn’t feel like it in the moment. But it does :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Man, coming to terms with not having that dopamine hit is like grieving a dead pet.

It’s all gravy being sober, in this weirdly non-solidified way, like a waddling baby learning to walk. The mind just wants the body to do it, but it’s not sure how. The thing about it though, is that you rule. You’re one of those people who stepped onto this platform in a solemn resolution to find how life can be. We all know people who never get there and secede to it. Its dull and harrowing to see yourself in them.

This is your everest man. It’s one of the deepest afflictions of modern western society and a lot of cats don’t make it through. But you’re here. Even if you’re fuckin up, you’re here.

We all don’t know each other, but we all know the same tale. It’s brittle and it’ll put some gruff blood in your heart. Sobriety isnt easy, but i know your story as even a stranger. You’re not alone.

You are here, and you are you. Who fuckin’ rules.

4 Likes