Want to cut, help!

Help! In bed and getting really close to hurting myself bad! I can feel it in my skin I just want to crawl out of it! The feeling is so intense. I hate how i feel rn! I want to self harm deep…

4 Likes

Hey Jules.
What’s going on? I mean like what’s really going on. How long has it been since you cut yourself or self harmed. I’m unfamiliar with the terms. But I understand it as being an addiction. Tell us what going on.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Hey Jules -
I am so sorry that you are feeling so out of sorts right now. You will not find any release by self harming.

Are you able to call someone to talk to?

I am so sorry about your family situation right now - families have a special hold over us and they can love us and annoy us and it is all so frustrating. I do hope you are able to find a way to make time for yourself and take care of your own needs.

I know some folks find comfort in using permanent marker on their skin instead of actually cutting. Would you be willing to try that?

We are here for you love. Do knot give into that urge. You are too precious to keep treating yourself this way. Sending you hugs :people_hugging:

3 Likes

@Jules000 you are not alone right now you have us out here. I’m glad that you posted. Please try to think of the good times that have happened in your life and not the bad times
I like the idea of the magic marker or a pen.
Please do not hurt yourself. You are precious to us all.
I am glad again that you posted.

3 Likes

Can u identify WHY the feeling to sh has come? This page (linked below) has specific techniques depending on why you are feeling the urge.

If you self-harm to express pain and intense emotions, you could:

Paint, draw, or scribble on a big piece of paper with red ink or paint
Start a journal in which to express your feelings
Compose a poem or song to say what you feel
Write down any negative feelings and then rip the paper up
Listen to music that expresses what you’re feeling

If you self-harm to calm and soothe yourself, you could:

Take a bath or hot shower
Pet or cuddle with a dog or cat
Wrap yourself in a warm blanket
Massage your neck, hands, and feet
Listen to calming music

If you self-harm because you feel disconnected or numb, you could:

Call a friend (you don’t have to talk about self-harm)
Take a cold shower
Hold an ice cube in the crook of your arm or leg
Chew something with a very strong taste, like chili peppers, peppermint, or a grapefruit peel
Go online to a self-help website, chat room, or message board

If you self-harm to release tension or vent anger, you could:

Exercise vigorously—run, dance, jump rope, or hit a punching bag
Punch a cushion or mattress or scream into your pillow
Squeeze a stress ball or squish Play-Doh or clay
Rip something up (sheets of paper, a magazine)
Make some noise (play an instrument, bang on pots and pans)
Substitutes for the cutting sensation
Use a red marker pen to draw on your skin where you might usually cut.
Rub ice cubes over your skin where you might usually cut.
Place rubber bands on your wrists, arms, or legs, and snap them instead of cutting.

5 Likes

I can’t imagine what you’re going through right now but can you find something soothing and comforting to watch and/or listen to? Would it help to try to write down what’s triggering your need to cut suddenly? If you’re anxious about something or feeling scared, stressed or sad, a safe and soothing distraction might help! What images or videos make you laugh or smile? You can even keep talking here! People are here to listen and this is a safe place. :heart:

2 Likes

IDK I do super well all day long and then I go to bed and become riddled with flashes of stabbings and the urges become unreal! It’s part of my mental illness and it sucks.

1 Like

@JazzyS jasmine, thanks for ur support. I did end up going to my sister for help. She’s the best. I prayed for a while and talked with family. we played games and hung out. It was really nice. The urges went away a for a little bit. I thought about sneaking a tool to hurt myself with but decided against it. Good news is I have therapy today so all of this can be sorted out. Thanks again for ur support.

3 Likes

Oh that is wonderful Jules :hugs: I know the urges do come and sometimes feel very strong but they will go away. Great job in finding ways to distract yourself. Love that your sister was able to help and also great news that you were able to talk to your family.

Glad that you posted here when you were in need. We got your back here - remember to reach out when i gets tough.

You are most welcome friend - hope you have a wonderful therapy session today! :people_hugging:

2 Likes