Wanting to quit

I’m sooooooo sick of alcohol and what it’s doing to me and my family. I love my family and don’t want to lose em. My drinking has gotten way out of control and I can’t afford rehab.:pensive:

2 Likes

Rehab isn’t the only way. It is a good starting point because it teaches you tools. If you are ready to quit you can at anytime. You need start the work on yourself. Fixing the why’s will make this journey so much easier. I always suggest a program because it’s right there for you to follow. I wish you the best

6 Likes

Rehab is for discovery, but AA is for recovery. I’m struggling right now. Prob gonna have to drive an hour for a meeting.

6 Likes

Thanks for the advice…it means alot

1 Like

Welcome. ฅ’ω’ฅ I’m happy you’re taking a step to wanting to get sober!

How much are you drinking a day?

Talk to your general physician, or an outpatient, alot of places have options for low-income or medium income.

2 Likes

I’m drinking hard alcohol and beer…its getting harder and harder to be sober but I need this before it’s too late

1 Like

The rehab I went to has scholarships for those who can’t afford it. Not sure where you are located but you could call around.

2 Likes

maybe try a meeting its free not for everyone wish you well

3 Likes

Yes, without a doubt.

It’s always smart to call your general physician or an outpatient to tell them the exact amounts you’re drinking and for how long if you want to quit cold turkey, they’ll be able to give you stuff to make it mild; most outpatients have 3 day programs too and then try meetings after that.

Happy for you. ヘ(^_^)ヘ

2 Likes

Alcohol has caused me to lose my fiance, she got pregnant with another man’s child when I was in jail and lied about it when sleeping with me. I lost everything material she has it now. And most of all our 2 beautiful children. But I have to not blame her because I made my mistakes and have to look myself in the mirror before I can begin to handle these emotions. Keep strong brother

2 Likes

Have you made any decisions about what to do?

Yes…im going to a meeting tomorrow nite and I think I can really do this. Today is the first day of the rest of my sober life. It’s just the first day sober but having a good feeling on this and this app is awesome to help on the way

2 Likes

AA works well in the event you can’t get into rehab. A lot of people don’t do AA, but if you truly want to stop drinking and are willing to do what it takes you should give it a try. It’s often referred to as the last house on the street because a lot of times it works for people who have tried everything else, like me lol. A lot of times insurance will pay for treatment bc substance use disorder is a disease.

3 Likes

Let us know how it goes! We are all cheering for you!

1 Like

Good deal, sir. Go ahead and give it a full-on try. Go to a bunch of meetings, get a Big Book, talk to people, get to know them, stick around those with some sobriety and see where you are and how you’re feeling in a few weeks :fist:t3:

2 Likes

Checking in did a lot for me! Check in anyways on how are you doing ! Hope you push trough ans continue your sober journey !

1 Like

@Matt_Stewart A lot of rehab programs are covered by insurance. You can phone them up and they’ll explain the process to you.

1 Like