Wedding drinking

I’m currently at a wedding. I won’t drink because I’m with my wife, but this sucks. I’ve never been to an event like this sober. 34 days sober and holding on.

8 Likes

Don’t drink… it’s not worth it. I’ve learned, for myself atleast, that I can’t even entertain the thought - as soon as the thought of drinking enters your mind just accept that you can’t… you don’t need to drink to have fun and it’s not worth sitting around being irritated because you can’t - enjoy yourself

2 Likes

You have to resist, we are with you

1 Like

Stay with it,you got this. It won’t last too long. Then you can get back to what you are into.You will be able to look back and say I did that sober.

1 Like

Thank you all. I got a coke. I’m feeling better. I appreciate the support.

4 Likes

Common you can do it,you are a winner,tomorrow you will shine.One day at a time

2 Likes

I made it through two weddings sober this year. It’s tough but you can do it! And tomorrow you’ll be so glad you stayed sober. It’s either a few hours of uncomfortable now or a day of misery later when you’re hungover.

3 Likes

I feel your pain. I went to a wedding yesterday amd was the only sober person at the after party/reception. It was fun for the first hour or two but once everyone was drunk it was pretty boring. But I woke up feeling great and remembered everything from the evening, so id say it’s a success. Hope you were able to have some fun!

3 Likes

Ive done it sober, it can be done.Its hard but doable.You got this

2 Likes

Did it. Had fun. Stayed sober. Thanks again all.

6 Likes

Superb job,Well done

1 Like

Congratulations!! You’ve accomplished a lot. Now you know you can do it. You’ve got this.

1 Like

Sweet!!:blush:so good to hear

1 Like

Now we know who to contact for wedding advice.lol Great job proving you could handle that situation and stick to your goals.

1 Like