Wednesday is not my favourite day any more

I realised this morning that I didn’t get my usual excitement for Wednesday. The reason I used to love Wednesday so much was because I’d finally got over the intense hangover from the weekend (my hangovers would often last four days) and finally felt normal (ish) and then the cycle would start again. Now some days are good, some are bad, but I can face what each day brings with a clear head and know that every emotion is genuine and not those caused by the crippling anxiety and paranoia I would get from booze and blackouts.

14 Likes

Multiple day hangovers are awful. Isn’t it ridiculous how many of them we put ourselves through? I can’t believe it took me so long to work out that not drinking might actually be the best way to avoid them 🤦😂

6 Likes

I feel ya on that, after weekend bingeing it always took a few days to feel better. I am on Day 10, and dealing with dry Drunk feelings at night and phantom hanovers in the morning, especially today… Wednesday Sucks, but sobriety rocks.

3 Likes

@Bears515054 congrats on Day 10! And for waking up hangover free. I swear that is one of my favorite parts of sobriety… headache free mornings. :blush:

2 Likes

Looking forward to that.

1 Like

Haha me too!! it’s a vicious cycle isn’t it, the only thing that made me feel better was hair of the dog. And I thought it was normal to come into work on a Monday still hungover from Friday then still feeling groggy on Tuesday. It’s amazing what we can achieve without that!

That is SO true, every day can bring joy <3

1 Like

Congrats on reaching day 10, that is great! Ooo those phantom hangovers are the worse. I am six weeks today and keep having dreams where I ended up getting drunk so waking up feeling like I’m hungover and have let myself down, it’s horrible! I hope that they pass soon!

1 Like