Weed and smoking in general

Hi, new here but not new to recovery. I can go long stretches w out weed on my own, but if someone I am hanging w is smoking, I always feel like I have to try it bc it’s there, and then
get way too anxious. I’ll be convinced I’m having a heart attack. It wasn’t always like this, but I just don’t think I enjoy the feeling of forced dissociation anymore.

I also really want to quit vaping. The rhythm of smoking in a stim way is something I am scared to face. I feel like I need a replacement or it is not gonna stick.

But yeah. Just too anxious. I feel like my brain will try to convince me it’ll be fine bc it works for other people. Bring the sober one at the party is hard but I feel like I have more fun at the function when I’m present.

Thank you for reading lol !!

4 Likes

Good choice on quitting that nasty stuff.
Smoking/Vaping can be a real kicker.

There is a thread about quitting smoking/vaping.
Must be this one:
Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products) (Part 2)

Check it out, there are some really useful tips over there.

Best wishes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome @livelongprosper! :wave: Sounds like you know what you want. There is a path and you can find what you need. You’re not alone - there are hundreds of people on Talking Sober quitting smoking. You’ve got a community. Welcome to Talking Sober!

2 Likes

Back in the bad days, I usually had a beer in 1 hand and a cig in the other. I alternated between hits on each. When I quit 1, my brain kept saying something’s missing?

I didn’t get peace until I quit the last remaining vice.

1 Like