Weeds a bad habit

I just cant seem to kick this habit. Every night I smoke with my love and its only holding me back. I fear my addiction to the affects of smoking weed are taking control of me. All year ive been trying to stop myself from believing that if I quit smoking I will become the monster I once was. Things have changed. Life has progressed. And yet here I stand, still smoking and wasting time in an attempt to forget all of the bad.
I want to be ok without weed. I really do. How do i convince myself that Ill be ok? I tend to get aggressive. Im working on that. Taking breaths and learning to recognize what is worth being angry over and what can be fixed/not worth the anger. But its so much easier being able to blow all of the negative away with a puff of smoke, and ive forgotten how to function without. I become consummed.
I feel regret and sorrow for my family who never see me because im off finding the next blunt to smoke. I feel pain knowing that they want the best for me and I cant even feed myself or keep a job because all i ‘need’ is the next hit to keep me going strong and staying possitive.
The struggle is real. Still cant put the green away.

1 Like

I just quit after 22 years. Is not easy, but is possible, I have good support at home, and I make sure I have no stash at home to smoke in case of cravings, is more of a phsycoligical addiction for me, it was tough to let go for me, weed was my best friend since 12, but is not doing much for me this days, I’m getting older and being high all the time is just boring for me now, I have other stuff to do, that are more important, than getting the munchies and watching movies I won’t remember anyways, it was nice while I had it, but now i see it like this, sometimes we have to move on from the pass, like a break up, we can’t live in the past, I hope i could help with my story

1 Like