Week One! :)

1 Week Sober and I truly feel great! I feel like my life is finally getting on track, I’m a much happier and optimistic person. I try to shake off the things that annoy or bother me and laugh it off. I’ve opened up to my husband (finally after 6 years). I actually feel beautiful inside and out. I make time for ME now instead of spending ‘my time’ drinking. While I still do thinking about wanting another drink, I know I’m in this for the Long haul and absolutely nothing good benefits from me drinking. 1 week down, a lifetime to go! :grin::blush:

20 Likes

Well done! And good positive action and thoughts as well.
You have got it right, just take everything as it comes. :grinning:

1 Like

What a lovely feeling to get through a week and all ready feel big changes. Have u tried aa .? Thats where my magic of recovery really happened x

1 Like

Way to go!!!

Stay strong. Stay focused.

You’re killing it so far :grinning::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Thank you @anon12657779, @Natnat and @Twowaymirror! It has been an eye opener for me. Seeing the stuff I’ve missed out on and even life in general has definitely helped with not wanting to drink. One day at a time!
@Natnat, I did go to AA once. While it was very welcoming there, I was extremely uncomfortable because I knew a lot of people. I do hope to find one outside my city though!

1 Like

Isn’t it amazing how much more there is to life. A story I like to tell and is completely the truth. Is during my first few months of sobriety the world was actually too bright for me… I wore sunglasses anytime I was outside. It took a fair amount of time to adjust. (just like sobriety) and now I refuse to wear sunglasses . I want to see everything this life has to offer no matter how bright.

3 Likes

It truly is amazing :heart: your story is actually quite incredible and a great comparison of the world and sobriety

1 Like

Feeling pretty good about myself. Just found an unopened can of beer in an old ‘secret stash’ and dumped it down the drain! Bye bye! :v:

3 Likes

4 Likes

It doesn’t take long at all to really feel it does it?!?!

Congrats on your first week! That is the hardest week you will face, each one from here on out gets a little easier, and that feeling gets greater!

:blush:

1 Like

Thank you @Dejavu! I am truly quite proud. Although, I did hesitate for a moment on whether to hide it again but knew I’d be too tempted! It really is crazy how truly happy and good I feel and PROUD of myself in such a short period of time. It makes me excited to see what else comes about! :blush:

1 Like

I can honestly say I feel the exact same way! I’m 11 days sober, and I already feel like a changed person. I’m so excited to be the person I always wanted but the drink took me away. I’m so happy and proud of you. The gift of sobriety is a beautiful thing, and I’m so happy you’re enjoying it!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Congratulations on 11 days. To many more. Stay strong!

2 Likes

Awesome to hear well done :+1:

2 Likes

Congratulations on 11 days! :grin:

1 Like