Week two, day one

So I drank yesterday after doing well for the whole week. I don’t regret it and even considered not resetting the day counter as I didn’t go off the handle and wasn’t the last one to leave the pub. Felt that the in the whole the experience reassured that solitude and sobriety is the best, authentic way forward for me.

Had a wonderful conversations with a friend I know I can do easily sober. There’s a lot of people who’s social structures and ever changing attitudes I have no time or interest to accommodate anymore.
So proud of myself. Week Two, Day One.

Ooh and setting personal goals as little reminders and anecdotes has been a big help!

1 Like

Congratulations on your day 1. It’s good that you can take something positive from your relaps and take it as a learning opportunity.

Even though you “didn’t overdo” it in your eyes, think: what made you pick up that drink in the first place. What are you going to do differently next time?

Glad you decided to reset your day timer. If we start moving our goalposts to accommodate our addiction, we just keep living a lie. Keep your integrity in the face of addiction. Be accountable for the choices you make.

Sending you strength :muscle:
:squid:

7 Likes

Thank you! Very good questions!
I chose to go for a drink. Very self aware. Passed on many situations in the last week that would’ve lead into drinks and getting wasted, so I thought going for beers while I’m not in turmoil.
Difference is that I know that it’s not worth wasting my time being wasted or hangover, anxious etc. Life is difficult enough without added crap from alcohol.

And 100% agree with being honest with yourself and rather reset and have a day one than fool one’s self!

Can’t wait for next full week now and beyond to see the change for better as I did glimpse last week :sparkles::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Keep yourself accountable in the daily check-in thread, and the days will fly by.

1 Like