Weekend Anxiety

I keep starting over and over. During the week i am good. I have anxiety but can usually control it. Weekends when i am off work my anxiety feels worse. It tells my mind i need alcohol to relax. Then i drink too much. And out of it the whole weekend.

Tired of the poison. I have to think of alcohol as poison from now on. Tired of spending my hard earned money to poison myself.

I am trying to get healthier in my older age. I started a diet recently and doing great with it. I need to lose weight and get healthy. The poison has to stop. Thank you for listening.

9 Likes

Good call on the stopping. It never solved a problem no how, no way.

We get away from it and as time builds up we find healthier coping habits that see us through the hard times. And, keeps more $ in our pockets!

Doing things with other sober folks is important too. Volunteer to help a cause is helpful also.

See ya around!

3 Likes

In the first few months of my sobriety, I read the book “This Naked Mind” by Annie Grace. It really helped shift my view on alcohol from thinking it is something fun and cool to something dangerous and poisonous.

I highly recommend the book, it was instrumental in getting through my early sobriety.

1 Like

Welcome! It sounds like you know that the drinking needs to stop. I find that to be the hardest step. If routine helps you get through things then try to plan out your weekends or time off ahead of time. Set small goals and when you focus on achieving them time will go by a little easier. Being bored is hard. Find some new hobbies or favorite places to visit. Sometimes I just find a area in My home and clean or organize that. Helps keep the mind busy. Best of luck to you!!

2 Likes

Its a goid way to look at alcohol as poison but why do we keep drinking it. I too need to stop poisoning myself. I hear you. Lets have a sober day today.

2 Likes

Thank You! We can do this.

Thanks for commenting.

I appreciate your reply.

Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Just ordered the book on amazon.

1 Like

That’s awesome! I hope you enjoy it. It really opened my eyes to a new way of thinking about alcohol.

1 Like

I can’t keep what was freely given to me. Fucking sanity!!!

1 Like