Weekend sober fun

Wanted to check in and ask what do y’all do to fill your free time. I’m early in recovery and currently off of work so I have a lot of free time.
What sober activities do y’all find most enjoyable and nontriggering :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

This is a good thread! I often wonder what to do with my time lol. I do work on weekends but I don’t work mon-fri. I have some free time here n there too lol. I’m not much for big group activities lately (unless i know the people attending)… I actually find they are super irritating and annoying and actually trigger me due to the stress I feel. But so far I have been trying out new hobbies. I love outdoor walks. I am working on a vision board right now and a dreamcatcher. I want to get more active so thinking of things around that. My hubby and I have tickets for this Sistine Chapel Michealangelo exhibit coming up early March. And then idk. I do struggle to fill my time some days. I like mediating and I’m trying to get into reading (but that isn’t going well lol).

2 Likes

Also here for the tips, similar amount of time sober! I am not going to lie, my evenings are spent distracting myself with games on my phone, reading all the positive stuff about staying sober and here.

I have never been a day drinker so that hasn’t changed, and still getting out into nature with the family during the day. I have just had an early bath and really took my time with the self care etc. I am getting a lot better at my evening skin care routine. No lazy makeup removal, or falling into bed forgetting to take it off anymore!

1 Like

The weekend is for choring. Cleaning, decluttering, filtering out clothes & toys for donation. If the weather is decent, might give the yard some love. Also need to prune the roses this weekend. Fun! Right? Fun?

4 Likes

Weekends are amazing!!! At first, they were hard because I didn’t realize just how much time had been eaten up by using. Now that I am not using I have so many options. I love being out in nature so lots of walks, I go to meetings, I read a ton! I believe they are still doing Zoom meetings with TS members on Saturdays and there’s a Friday night thread too, so you can always chime in there!

Friday Thread #2

TS Zoom meeting: Saturdays - see original post for time

3 Likes