Weekend urges

These weekends are always a little tougher for me, and I’d assume lots of others. Even though I’ve kept busy i still had some strong urges, not even close enough to act on, but they were pretty strong.
Going to make a little fire and relax tonight, plan my day for tomorrow.

8 Likes

I was literally just thinking the same! Had some urges for a drink today, especially while cleaning my pool in perfect 80° weather! Just grateful to be heading to bed sober❤

8 Likes

Good for both of you for standing your ground. There are tough days, but at the end of the day, it is worth it. Stay with it and more peaceful days will come.

4 Likes

I feel ya on the weekend thing. I could go all week without a drink but when the weekend came it was on. I always thought of it as my “reward” for making it through the week. We can get through this though, it’s going to be hard but it will be so worth it. Just think of how nice it will be to wake up and actually be able to function because you don’t have a hangover you have to nurse for most of the day. We got this!!

4 Likes

Made it through the weekend, I’m only starting day 6 so the weekend was tough, especially Friday night, my husband was gone and when he’s out, I’ll sit and drink and watch chick flicks until I pass out, but someone told me to play it forward and seeing the next morning in my mind really helped, stayed sober all weekend.

4 Likes

Thats awesome. The first weekend was the hardest for me. I did the same kind of thing, minus the chick flicks. Id sit and watch movies and get shitfaced.

1 Like