Weight loss within first month

I’m a week sober again, but more and more inclined to stay sober as much as possible (hop wtr is a godsend). As long as i have hop wtr accessible to me, I feel good. More sober days in the last six weeks than not!

One of the main reasons I wanted to stop is because of how much weight I’ve gained the last few years because of my beer habit. I’m obviously drinking way more water now and making healthier choices and eating less overall (I was consuming like 3-4k calories beer included before January). But so far I haven’t seen any real change physically. I hear you start to in a month… i havent made it a full month in like 5 years or so. Anyone have experience with this? I used to be fairly athletic before this but that was my mid 20s and now im 30. Its discouraging to not see results after giving up drinking but i know im playing a long game and need to be patient.

7 Likes

I go to yoga a few times a week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I lost 10 pounds in my first three months just from cutting out alcohol. That was an eye opener for how much I was drinking. Stay the course and you’ll see results.

3 Likes

Yeah I find that pretty discouraging too actually.

I used to be a triathlete and marathon runner as recently as 5 years ago. The whole covid lockdown made things spiral and then I just partied really hard after it was all over.

I notice I look a lot better but weigh in the same, which is weird because I’m taking in so many less calories.

Almost 3 weeks’ in so I’m hoping to start seeing some results soon

2 Likes