Weird drug dreams

I’ve been having drug dreams like crazy these last couple of days but every time in my dream i go to use the drugs I end up just not doing them. which is weird because all my other attempts to get sober when I had drug dreams I’d do them… so yeah trying to figure that one out is weird.

4 Likes

I’ll have lots of dreams when i’m trying to stay sober. About both, getting drunk and then others about going to start drinking and then i dont. The times i’ve had long stretches of sobriety, i’d have dreams about getting drunk waking up and feeling like i have a hangover for about five seconds and then realize it was all a dream and it goes away. It’s super weird.

1 Like

I think this is great news. To me, this means you’re internalizing the work you’ve been doing. Congratulations. Keep up the good work. We can do this.

2 Likes

User dreams are terrible. They make me wake up in a panic and give me a feeling of guilt. I’ve luckily only had like 5 and I don’t remember them for long.

From what I’ve been told they should become less and less frequent, but there’s not much you can do about it. To me if anything it’s probably a good change in your dreams. Maybe your brain is getting used to you refusing the idea of drugs.

Sweetdreams

1 Like

When I first stopped, I would have dreams about drinking and then panicking in my dream because I broke my sobriety. I would wake up in a panic like it actually happened. Thank goodness they got less and less frequent, those dreams were terrifying.

2 Likes

I’m hoping it means that my brain is finally letting it go… I mean I’m only 70 days in but I’ve been trying to get sober for years, this time though I know I don’t wanna go back to using.

2 Likes

Same been trying for years to stop got chronic pancreatitis from my drinking told have to stop forever on day 13 it’s hard the dreams are crazy atm

A using dream is a free pass to get loaded without paying the consequences of getting loaded.

2 Likes

Constant dreams where I relapse. Not fun, but very relieved in the mornings. Keep the faith!

2 Likes