Well I'm back again at day one

Day 1 again so disapointed in myself the guilt shame I want to do this for my kids but keep relapsing I’m worthless!

5 Likes

I see you joined back in March, but you aren’t very active on here. Can you spend more time on here, reading and learning from others who are staying sober?

There are also a lot of resources out there to help people maintain their sobriety. This link has a lot of info on various avenues for assistance. Take a look and give something a try. It’s hard to do this alone. This is coming from a guy who was set on doing this alone for a long time and kept failing.

(Resources for our recovery)

3 Likes

@Lance83 With all respect for how you feel, I’m happy to say that your feelings are wrong and misleading here. YOU ARE NOT WORTHLESS. Failure never equals worthlessness. Your life is of high value and it is worth the battle! You can win today, so do it. Worry about tomorrow when it comes. We’re here for you and we love you!

1 Like

You are not worthless. What are you doing to keep sober? Sounds like you need a different approach

2 Likes

Learn from this. What can you do to make sure it doesn’t happen again?
Can’t just stop drinking and expect it to stick.

2 Likes

The trigger is the weekend so I’m going to try and plan something for Friday through till Sunday maybe have non alcoholic beer at the start, that helped me before

2 Likes

Your not worthless Lance ! Your worth every bit of it Day 1 ? Thats where it all begins prove yourself that your better then the last time. Its okay to feel a measure amount of disapointment but not so where its making you feel unworthy as i said your worth every bit of happiness and benefeits sobriety has to offer one day at a time you will get there again !

1 Like

Your not worthless pal :ok_hand:

1 Like

You thought about AA SMART dharma recovery?
All things you can be doing instead of drinking.

1 Like

Best advice I got is just focus on 14-16 hours of staying sober. Wake up, do it again. On weekends workout in the morning and then play video games, movie marathons…etc. I’m not sure what your hobbies are but I try to think of a weekend project that needs to be done around the apartmenr/house or something you’ve been wanting to build and go after it. Very time consuming and also gratifying

2 Likes

Lance, I think some of us feel the same as you, or have felt this way. I also am coming back from a pretty bad relapse, but I’m going to give AA a chance this time. I’ve been trying to do this solo for the most part, but sometimes we need to try something different (so I’m realizing this myself).

1 Like

Alot of Good advice, I suppose having kids is so exhausting sometimes when there young I feel I need to relax with drink and then I’m more tired thee following day and that’s the cycle I’m stuck in for so long now, I just need to relax and go with the flo more

1 Like

Put it behind to and start again :muscle:

1 Like

I love my kids so much but they were a trigger for me drinking and using…the stress or anticipated stress they caused.

I don’t have a solution for you but these days I realize I am a much better Mom sober.

1 Like

No you aren’t. I know you FEEL worthless, but you need to know that your feelings are not always accurate reflections of reality. You have value, to your kids, to the people that love you. Not always succeeding at everything is part of the human condition, I’m afraid. :smirk: If you learn from everything you experience, even the failures, you make it more likely that you’ll succeed in the future. :purple_heart::purple_heart:

Thank you that really has helped alot

Thanks so much I will be on this daily for the support it really does help

1 Like

You’re not worthless and you have a chance to start this over again and do it right! Hit a meeting, do whatever it takes! It’s work. As others have said hobbies and movie marathons help. I did this for my family and myself. I slipped up a couple times… I finally set a quit date and it was a wrap. I Spent more time on here. I didn’t use AA, or Smart Recovery but others swear by them. Hey, it can’t hurt checking into them right? Spend extra time here Soak up the shares and stories. Some of these people have definitely been through some shit but you know what? They put the work in. They survived and thrived. I have over a year sober. I’m not a recovery coach or anything. I just got sick and tired of wasting my time and my life and found a passion in helping others and giving back. You can do this! We are all here for you. Focus and you can do this! Read and read again then post. Get involved. Let’s GO!! I wish you continued luck on your journey.

1 Like

Thanks very much for ur support today is my day and I’m going to enjoy my life sober & happy

2 Likes

Well that’s day 1done let’s hope u can be more consistent and get a sober happy me thanks to everyone today

1 Like