We're allowed to not be ok

IM NOT OK

It feels so good saying that, the last 3/4 days I’ve struggled mentally to the point I’ve cried pretty much constantly for 2 days. I don’t know why I’m not ok and what’s making me feel as low and as depressed as I am and that’s ok to feel like that. This isn’t me asking for sympathy this is me just admitting that I’m finding it hard at the moment.

From the outside people look and think, great new job and doing amazingly well already, getting married soon, amazing family and friends but something inside of me doesn’t feel right at the moment. I’ve had this feeling before so I recognise the signs which is helpful and I’m addressing it quickly and talking openly when I can. I’ve said this all along to anyone that knows me that I have tu best support system around me and the most understanding loving people you could ask for and I’ll be ok…

If you know anyone that may be struggling or haven’t heard from a mate in a while, that text, that call, that “how are you mate” could be the thing that makes their day and gets them to open up. :heart:

#mensmentalhealth #mentalhealth #sober

10 Likes

Very good reminder, thanks!

4 Likes

Thank you Adam! I appreciate you starting this thread. I have been feeling the same way: I am not ok. It feels good to know I’m not alone.

I am sorry to hear you’re feeling rough. That is a hard feeling. I am here for you brother and I see you.

I have been feeling discouraged and disinterested recently. I feel a lack of energy; I feel overwhelmed. I feel like I should be doing something but I don’t know where to start and it all seems too much and I just shut down.

Meanwhile my boss is after me - understandable, I am behind on reports - and I am kind of muddling along at work. The people I work with are pros for sure but everyone’s busy and I feel kind of lost this year (which is weird because I have had a couple of successful years; it’s like this year I’m stalled & im not sure where or how to grow, and I feel scared, like I might now be good enough or organized enough to perform).

I am having a hard time and I don’t know who I can talk to. It feels good to share here though.

Hugs brother. You matter. You are having a hard time and you still matter. You belong. You’re a good person and you will make it.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing that too and for opening up about it. The work side of it is hard and sometimes hard to get a handle on I’ve been there but got through it. Just keep talking and I’m always here for chat anytime you want to

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing, the feeling i get when i dont know how to feel about not being ok, like im trapped, nervous, anxious, stuck in the mud and cant move. Maybe its just the worry at the moment and all the thoughts i cant really process? Where do i go from here it does seem like i should be able to do more but i cant. Guess that’s what they mean when you just have to sit with it. It sure is uncomfortable trying to get use to being uncomfortable.:pensive:

3 Likes

Thanks Adam I appreciate it!

1 Like