What about you?

I’ve been struggling these past few weeks with feelings of intense sadness, stress and anxiety. I’ve been able to function, but not at a good level. I don’t know how to make it stop. I feel like everything I do i do it wrong. I can’t stop the negative criticism filling my head. I don’t want to go to the doctors or tell anyone because I don’t want the stigma that goes with it. I know people don’t really care. I also know that if I do share it with them they will just become burdened when my feelings never seem to improve. So here I am stuck with my own thoughts wonderimg why I feel the way I feel and how I can make them go away. I’m avoiding doing the things I’ve done in the past as a way of escape as I know that would just lead me down a darker path. A path that would cause me to loose my sobriety. I don’t want that…

Here you are moaning about a problem but aren’t prepared to do anything about it!
Go to the doctor’s, share your problems.it does help. And so what if someone thinks you are a burden, thats only you thinking that most of the time. Don’t think it.
And to be fair, people who listen want to. People who don’t want to help will not be open to you.
We have to make the changes ourselves. No one else is going to do it for us!

4 Likes

I’m sorry that you’re feeling so down but I do have to agree with Geoff… nothing changes if nothing changes! This is the way depression takes so many lovely people. It’s a sneaky bas*#%d! The more you keep it in the more it will drag you down. Please go to the doctors. I had a break down two and a half years ago I can totally relate to the feelings that you wrote. I went to the docs got tablets (saved my life) then once I was a little more level I opted for counselling. My god I didn’t realise just quite what I had been through!?! (My drinking and addiction was blocking and numbing it and making it worse)…I then eventually started on the sober journey… now I’m very very different… depression feeds on your vulnerability… TALK! Voice it out! Don’t let it take you my friend! Take action! Good job for coming here but now you need to go and let someone, even if only your doctor to start with, know that you feel this way! I promise, you will not always feel this way if you do. But if you do nothing you will stay in this loop. I wish you well :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like