What are your Favorite Halloween/Fall Movies?

Mine are Jeepers creepers and The devils rejects and the remake to IT good scares are good times :pray:t3::zombie:‍♂:zombie:‍♂ what are your favorite Halloween/Fall Movies ?

2 Likes

Beetle Juice!!! :joy:

6 Likes

Halloween town,Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin, Disneys Haunted Mansion, Addams Family, Monster House, Garfield Halloween. Goosebumps, Hocus Pocus. Mum’s dating a vampire, Ghost Busters, Teen Wolf, curious George Halloween.

This year I also watched Nightmare before Christmas and corpse bride for the first time ever. And I’m sorry but I really really don’t get the hype. I don’t like them,guess they are just to dark for me.

6 Likes

Scary movies alllllll year long! But hocus pocus is a must for this time of year!

4 Likes

I get wayyy too excited about horror movies/Halloween, so I’ll try to be brief. I take the last week of October off from work every year so I can bask in the season.

-Entire Halloween franchise, except H6 & Resurrection
-Night of the Living Dead (1990 remake)
-House of 1,000 Corpses

@MrsOdh @IcanIwill Hocus Pocus is so necesssary. This year I am considering going up to Salem to see the house etc, and the whole town is supposed to be incredible around halloween. It’s on the other side of the city from me and I have never been there.

Also, if you’ve never seen it…the opening to “Halloween 4” perfectly captures the essence and atmosphere of the Halloween season. They really nailed it.

4 Likes

If you are going to Salem near Halloween you have to book stuff way in advance. I learned the hard way. Showed up on Halloween and couldn’t do any tours. :sleepy: Also it was super busy and ling waits to get into restaurants. It was cool seeing ppl dressed up tho.

3 Likes

Yeah im still toying with the idea, with Covid and whatnot. Might wait until things are (hopefully) “normal” next yr. I check occasionally on Air BnB, theres usually stuff available, even nearby towns is fine.

Probably wont do tours, never been the type. I like to read before and then set off on foot on my own, see what I run into :blush: Plus since I take the last week of October as vacation, I figure it wont be as busy on weekdays/during the day…maybe, lol.

3 Likes

Scary movie franchise all the way

1 Like

Well, the problem is that the cemeteries and churches wouldn’t let me in unless I was with a tour group. It was disappointing. I guess that how the town makes its money but I was like, Really?

2 Likes

Wow, didn’t know that! Seems pretty silly

Edit - although i guess it makes sense. Ensures revenue generation for the town, plus its still a cemetary, which deserves respect. Letting swarms of people in, unsupervised, could have a solemn place of rest be run amok

1 Like

Unfortunately I live in the wrong country for Halloween. I always loved the holiday,and I was obsessed with ghost stories, magic, witches and ghosts when I was a kid. The darker the better, I even had my own spell book with “real” witches spell that was very different from the Gypsy magic I did and do know.
When I was a kid me and my friend had the first Halloween party ever in our village, our parents and the church wasn’t happy about it. We kept having one every year even if most people didn’t really get it.

And eventually the stores here started to adapt the idea and my Ma started to love Halloween as well and is now hosting a party of her own every year. Still no gruesome costumes mostly cartoons friendly ghosts or nice witches but I’m not complaining. We’ve been to friends and family in US to celebrate as well to give the kids the real Trick or Treat experience.
And last year me and my husband arranged the first Trick or Treat and in our province that ever been held, might be one of the first one in the country. This year a lot and even the trunk or treat is canceled because of Covid-19. So I’ve had Pumpkin spiced lattes and watched Halloween movies to get into the spirit and make the most of it since the start of September.

When I was a young I watched all the Horrible Horror movies I could get my hands on secretly because I know I wouldn’t be allowed to watch them. I sneaked out to watch The X-files as well. And I remember the pure Horror when Scream came out I was 12 and after watching that we realized that it actually was totally possible to get killed by a “normal person” and not by a made up crazy movie monster.

I don’t watch horror movies nowdays, I’ll stick to the innocent Kids Halloween cartoons or shows.

2 Likes

If you guys ever come to Sweden I’ll give you a ghost tour in Gothenburg. It might not be salem but a few years ago I took a guide class and I did my examination test guiding ghosts tours in that town.:blush:

2 Likes

I once had to speak at a literary event in Salem this time of year and it took me three hours to drive from Logan the tourist traffic was so horrendous. My guess is COVID is going to restrict groups in those cramped New England houses and museums, too. I wonder if you can visit the cemeteries without a tour group off season. You want scary, go to the Mt Washington Hotel in NH. It’s haunted. I actually had an experience in my honeymoon!

2 Likes

Hocus Pocus. Sixth Sense. The Witch. Sleepy Hollow.

2 Likes

I totally forgot The Craft :blush:

1 Like

The original Night of the living Dead is filmed in my hometown. The cemetery in the opening scene is where I will be buried when I die

3 Likes

That’s really cool! That was Pennsylvania wasn’t it?

I love the original but the 1990 remake just holds a special place for me. One of my very first horror movies. Plus Tony Todd is in it, and the female lead is such a badass.

2 Likes

Halloween is under way! Looking for some Gems to add to my collection. Favorite Scary, horror, thriller, sci-fi movies???

Please specify if they’re gore, so those who don’t want to see that know.

3 Likes

Here’s a few of my fave:

It Follows
The Taking of Deborah Logan
Prometheus
Prey
Green Room - bit of gore
The Visit
47 meters Down
The Cabin in the Woods
Dark Skies
The 4th Kind