What are your passions?

Not sure if this was created I’m sure it was but what are your passions?
What is that one thing that one outlet that helps you stay sober?
Do you have several? Talk about them, tell us about them and make sure you go do at least one.

A few of mine are poetry and working out, these things bring out a different side of me that makes me feel powerful. I hope you find the strength to choose your passion today over your addiction.

6 Likes

It’s funny because when I’m drinking I have lots of ideas about things I’d like to do, but never actually get around to doing any of them.

Now I’ve been sober for a short amount of time, hobbies and interests are creeping back in, it’s wonderful. These include walking, dancing, wildlife photography, reading and making future plans that don’t involve alcohol.

:hugs::pray::hugs::pray:

8 Likes

I’m passionate about my education. Being a mom and a wife. Yoga and meditation.

I get to do all of these things today. Yay!

5 Likes

Being a mother, any type of body movement (yoga, working out, hiking), tarot, writing, gardening and crocheting.

4 Likes

Working out (running, bike riding, hiking, lifting weights), reading, watching movies, learning new skills, rediscovering myself, trying new foods, stepping out of my comfort zone, trying things I’ve always wanted to try but never did because alcohol held me back

4 Likes

Running, kayaking, hiking, my education/career, traveling and exploring the world

4 Likes

Traveling! I really miss traveling x

6 Likes

I know what you mean you could have all these plans but alcohol is like nope you’re not doing any of that. Very thankful for sobriety and actually doing things that bring me happiness.
Life is really vibrant when you are sober and allow yourself to enjoy things you love or want to try.
Ooo wildlife photography sounds wonderful I love nature.

4 Likes

I love that!! Sounds like you are very creative :slight_smile:

I love cooking, exercising, cross stitching, making stained glass and reading. I always worried I would be bored sober but I don’t have the time :rofl:

2 Likes

Wow making stained glass sounds beautiful, can we see some of it?:slight_smile:

1 Like

Lots of cool stuff on this thread although goes back a couple years!

Hi! It’s a lovely hobby. I have quite a few pictures of pieces on the show the artists within thread. Here’s an elephant that I did for a commission a while back…

Thank you for your message :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Beautiful Sarah!!!

1 Like

Thank you Menno. I love doing this to keep my hands busy. It’s funny though. If I get an order fir lots of pieces I don’t enjoy doing it as much :woman_shrugging:t3: I’m blessed though. I have some lovely people buying some of my bits. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

I discovered outdoors photographing not so long ago. Mainly just with my mobile and not bothered by any education in the matter. Cycling and hiking are two others. I like to write but I’ve been looking for my voice for something like 45 years now. Found a bit of it right here.

Being a mom even though my kids are in foster care and I’m on my way to getting them back home… by this time next year I will have them home as long as I keep my sobriety. I love going on nature walks with them and doing corny arts and crafts

2 Likes