What do we know about

What do we know about Kratom? The positive effects, the negative effects, the addiction, etc.

I have a story… But I would love to hear how Kratom has either helped or been a battle for others.

If you search it on here, you will find plenty of threads. While I have never used it personally…I have witnessed people that have, from what I have seen…and watched…I would never touch the stuff. I watched someone use it like a drug with the same effects.

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply!

1 Like

Kratom is an unregulated, untested, psychoactive substance. It can create euphoria similar to low grade opiates and can lead to withdrawals. I have yet to see it prescribed as medication, but I’ve certainly seen it in shady corner stores.

2 Likes

I know enough about to avoid it. A bit of coffee in the 0400AM, and that’s all the mind-altering drug I will allow in my body. I don’t need to numb pain. If something hurts, I slap some ice on it. If I’m stressed or bothered by something, I pray or meditate, or go a few rounds boxing on the heavy bag.

When I quit drinking, I was instantly free. I guard this freedom jealously. Therefore, I am suspicious of any drug, legal or illegal. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

But I am me, and you are you. We each have our own paths to walk.

6 Likes