What do you do on weekends?

I have found that I really like getting outside and hiking now that my weekends don’t revolve around booze. But once the hike is over I’m at a loss for what else to do.

What do you all do on weekends to pass the time? Appreciate the ideas!

2 Likes

Whatever I feel like! Lounge around guilt free. Hike. Surf. Basketball. Eat. Whatever. No need to always fill a hole anymore.

2 Likes

Whatever i want… I’m not tied to a substance anymore so I’m free. I like being outside, i usually get longer lifting sessions in on weekends AND i go to bed early as shit… like 8 -9 oclock early, i love it. Congrats on choosing a sober life😉

2 Likes

I catch up on the shows on my over from the week, do laundry, cooking…

1 Like

I do all kinds of stuff. Sometimes I’m on my mountain top property clearing land for our future home. Sometimes I’m at a Krav Maga seminar, diving deep into a particular concept. Sometimes I’m going 12 rounds on a heavy bag. Sometimes I’m hanging with my daughter at a museum or history festival. Sometimes I’m running errands with my wife, which includes grabbing a meal. Sometimes I’m just puttering about the house, garden, or workshop. Sometimes I’ll watch an old movie and sometimes (ok…regularly) I’ll nap with a cat or two in my lap.

So you enjoy hiking and the peace that comes with it. How do you extend the time? How about a two-day hike that includes an overnight? I’ve spent many nights on the Appalachian Trail, and found it quite restorative. Maybe give this a try?

2 Likes

Sounds amazing?!..pics?:pray::star2:

1 Like

I like to go to the movies with the family, take the dogs to the dog parks, relax and watch tv, go to the gym or cook something cause lately that’s been my go to in order to stay on track. Try some new meals to make.

1 Like

Hikes, coffee or ice cream with friends, house and yard chores, workouts, reading in the backyard.

1 Like