What do you do when you need to let loose?

What do you guys do when you need to let loose? I’m in early recovery, have a boring admin job, am single and am meeting my obligations but I’m missing the thrills. A lot of the recovery skills are quite sedate (good book, cup of tea etc). But when you’re bored and climbing the walls (and a cup of tea won’t cut it) what do you do to feel alive again?

1 Like

Trampoline parks r a blast. Beware tho. The foam pits are not quite as easy to exit as back in the day. That really means adults friggin sink way down in them, n it’s quite a scene to get out of them. Most parks also have dodge ball too.

Climbing rock walls r fun. Zip lining. Driving around with music blasting & car dancing n singing. Go cart racing. Top golf. Roller skating. Laser tag.

3 Likes

I discovered kayaking last spring. I borrow a kayak, paddle & lifevest, then hit the water. It’s free (most places are) or inexpensive (>$5). I’ve found it exciting & really liberating: in a peaceful, beautiful environment. It’s gratifying to tour the fantastic lakes around me, under my own power. I like the feeling of freedom & the sense of accomplishment when I reach a far shore, or even the ramp back up & on to home… It’s a great upper body workout, too. I was so gobsmacked by the scenery, I took up photography, another great hobby. Bonne Chance & Happy paddling. :butterfly:

Ever try rock climbing? Was my go to rush and focus back when I was a bit more of a lass. Gets the blood pumping and is a great workout. There are indoor climbing places as well that I hear are fun, but I always preferred being outside.

Assuming of course you’re near any climbing spots. Hang out at the indoor places to pick up the how to, go do some bouldering on small rocks where you likely won’t die if you fall and see what you think.

3 Likes

I recently got into playing piano, and I am currently working on writing a book on my story. I find I always have to stay busy to keep my mind off of everything.

1 Like

Thanks guys. I want to do all of that! I think I need a little bit of the adrenaline I used to get self destructing! Lol. Trampolining, kayaking and rock climbing, car dancing and exploring are all on the new list.

2 Likes

Horse riding, galloping across a field really gives you a buzz. I used to live for it in my teens, haven’t done it in years but this topic has just reminded me how good it was :hugs:

3 Likes

Never done it but sounds amazing. Added to the list!