What finally clicked for you in getting sober?

Thank you for your honesty and support

1 Like

My mother and father crying made me get sober.

1 Like

Asked by wife to quit. Told her I will/did. She works early morning, so in bed before me. Resentment at being told what to do, crushing a liter a night, for a month thinking how smart I was hiding it. Finally a well written note/ultimatum, got me here today. Joking with a friend who also quit smoking at same time, “it sucks when they are right.” But probably saved us both.

3 Likes

Well. This didnt make me quit at the time but its the one memory that sticks in my brain when I think about drinking again. I decided to go to a friends house and watch a game. My wife decided not to go and told me I would need to take my 2 year old son with me. I had every intention of drinking only 4 beers while I was there.(Yes I know even that is a dumb idea). 4 beers turned to 8 beers and its time to head home. As Im saying goodbye to everyone one of my wife’s friends says she is driving me home and takes my keys. I have never felt so ashamed in my life. Someone else was more concerned about the wellbeing of my son than I was. Not to mention the embarrassment my Wife has to deal with as her friend is dropping off “drunk” me and our son.

1 Like

I’m glad she got you and your son home safe. In our sober minds, we would never do the stuff we do, and it definitely is eye opening. I’m Happy you are here to share your story. Thank you.