What gifts have you bought yourself since being sober

I loooooove this! Feeling closer to my kids too :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I have bought myself, a dress, a jumpsuit, flowers and diamond art. I have committed myself to family movie night and family swimming each and every week, I also take the time to play board games with my boys and build a better relationship with my sisters :heart_eyes: :heart:

3 Likes

I’ve got alot, bought them over the years and only just starting to take the time to play along.
Pop up pirate
Operation
Snakes and ladders
Monopoly
Game of life
Chess
Domino’s
Say it don’t spray it
Pie face
Elefun.
Hungry hippos
Kerplunk
Bounce
Jenga
Fantastic gymnastics
Barbecue party
Also got chocolate lolly maker, chocolate coin maker, mixabubbles and jelly fun
Also face painting, puzzles and card games

2 Likes

Skiing holiday in January. Excited is not the word. Currently having lessons that are going well.

Amazing how our credit can improve when you pay bills and not buy alcohol. Got this beauty for less than I was paying on my POS Ford.

5 Likes

Just went digging to find this post.

I still remember anxiously standing in the store thinking, “Oh, but that’s like a $100 kettle. That’s just too much.”

Before the sober thought kicked in, Hey stupid: You used to drink that much money away on an almost daily basis. Buy the damn tea kettle and enjoy your sobriety! :joy:

Still use it every night and still love it.

12 Likes

Paid off my car ahead of schedule
Fancy water distiller
Expensive herbal tinctures and organic food for my wellness journey
Grooming (regular manicures)

All things I’d never have been able to get or do if it weren’t for sobriety and not blowing every disposable and non disposable dime on weed and alcohol.

5 Likes

Just ordered a decent set of hockey skates. At least for weekend warrior like myself.

5 Likes

I have been treating myself to something nice for each month I stay sober. This month it was a new rope just for gym sessions!

:person_climbing:
Bye for now…

5 Likes

Still gotta fix the floor.

5 Likes

Nice!
Enjoy :+1::+1:

Daewon don’t even need wheels to rock a mini
daewon0

2 Likes

I’ve spent money on supplements/tinctures and adaptagens — things I was interested in trying before for my health but didn’t get into because I felt like they were too expensive. It’s WAY less than I ever spent on alcohol. I also started therapy, which is a big cost but I have the resources now that I don’t drink.

4 Likes

A new Fitbit watch. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

You may appreciate my recent purchases (a pair of Raptors)!!!

I am beyond excited.

4 Likes

Oh hell ya! I have never been ice climbing, but someday I’d like to have a try at it. Would love to see a pic when you get out on the ice with those!

Bye for now…

1 Like

Vitamins and running shoes/clothes so far. This has me thinking about that skydiving adventure I’ve wanted to do for years. I may have to treat myself when I make 6 months sober. :smirk:

3 Likes

I got myself a brand new, state of the art, all singing and dancing TV!! I never would of been able to just go out and buy this if I was still pouring poison down my throat. I am so grateful to be sober. During these really hard pandemic times we, for absolute certain would of gone under financially if I was still stuck in addiction. Or even worse I think the depression from drinking would of finished me off :pensive:…. God bless this forum!! :dancer::dancer::raised_hands:t2::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Err… This

7 Likes