What gifts have you bought yourself since being sober

this was my 2nd sober birthday gift to myself

20 Likes

Badass! The gift of saving by not blowing it on alcohol at this point :joy: I’m only day 22 though.

4 Likes

Looks awesome, new ink is always such a good gift

Multiple concert tickets including one out of town, a trip to New York, a museum membership and 10k worth of house renovations.

Also a telescope. Now I have something to do up north late at night instead of drinking. :telescope: :night_with_stars:

Wanted one since I was a kid. :nerd_face:

13 Likes

Thats awesome. I love going to concerts to. Was something i never thought would be able to do sober

3 Likes

Man, you three make my heart melt.:heart:️

3 Likes

Few tattoos, and a bicycle, with another on the way in December. I can probably stop working on the side now, but am enjoying the extra money since its not wasted on alcohol, but its actually convenient.

6 Likes

Gym membership
Lots of tea bags!

5 Likes

Ive always wanted telescope have you seen mars?*

1 Like

My sober kettle. Tea used to help me sleep. Now it helps me sleep and has badass blinky lights.

12 Likes

I have treated myself to doing things rather than buying things (although I am tempted by a kettle like @Eke has!)

With my extra time and energy I have done more walking and yoga which I consider a gift to myself. I also went to a belly dance festival last weekend, the first time in 5 years I’ve been able to afford it.

5 Likes

That’s a good one. I’ve always wanted to do a retreat. Maybe it’s time…

Edit: Also, treat yo’self, @siand! Keeeeettlllllllle!

2 Likes

I would like to do a yoga retreat next year. They can be pretty pricey but I reckon it would be worth it.

1 Like

Not far on the sober road, but far enough to buy me something with my saved money! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Bought myself a small oilpainting from one of my favorite animals:

9 Likes

I think I saw Mars one night. We have used the telescope 3 times. The first night we saw Saturn and Pluto. That was amazing making out the rings. The second night I saw far off shooting stars that move slower than the ones you see with the naked eye plus what I think was Mars (blurry) but I couldn’t get my tracking system or my phone app to work that time. The third time we just looked at the moon. Seeing ridges and dimples on it was really cool.

4 Likes

Id love a telescope.
You gave me a treat idea to get my self at 6 month mark!!

4 Likes

For my 1 year soberversary i bought 3 ex battery chickens, Willow, Luluu and Bryony that were due for slaughter. They have a lovely life as free hens living the life they deserve​:chicken::chicken::chicken:

8 Likes

Lots of healthy food, finally got my bike fixed and use it daily now, and the most important gift I “bought” myself: giving a fuck what others think about me :grin::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

For my 4 month sobriety bday, and my 28th birthday, I had saved and treated myself to a trip to India with my sober bestie! (me on the right)

14 Likes

I repainted.my apartment and bought a bunch if houseplants, new bed (mattress has been on the floor for a year) and a bookcase. Mostly just cleaning up my living situation and making it clean and uncluttered - a real gift to myself, tbh.

4 Likes