What has kept you Sober so for today?

I ask myself this all day long because every second that passes me by and being sober is the most important thing to me because I made it threw another second clean and sober and it’s not easy but it’s possible. I stay connected to the rooms go to my meetings it’s a joy to grab my phone and instead of playing a game I become on here and it just brings me joy to myself i learn so much thank you to everyone on here for all the positive things and advice we all need each other and bring able to work our program and the steps together makes it even better.:heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heart::heart::heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

Thank you. And I’m proud for you doing the same and staying sober. We have to look at life in a positive way and us staying sober we have the knowledge and a clear mind set to know and want peace and joy in our lives so we all should be proud of each other for taking it one day at a time and staying mean and sober. Enjoy your story and your night @RetainKing. :heart::heart::heart::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

@Patiecakes70 I think my biggest motivators are my kids and thinking about spending more time with them and having more experiences. There are many things I am planning to improve my overall lifestyle, and thinking of having my life back is what keeps me going!

2 Likes

My sobriety podcasts, weightlifting, work and most importantly family kept me going for today. As long ac you put the work in it gets easier, i promise.

2 Likes

Good for you I’m proud of you and you should be of yourself. Your right our kids are one of our biggest motivations in wanting to better our own lives and your very blessed to have that opportunity to be around with your children cherish each moment you get to be with them. One day a time and staying clean and sober is the first improvement we make to our daily life good job @vaariesga

2 Likes

Proud to here that @Dan531. We can only live one day at time even just a breath at a time. As long as we focus on what we need to do for the next second in our day for our sobriety we will make it another day Clean and Sober.:+1::+1::heart::heart::heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

It may sounds strange, but my anxiety. With everything that has been going on in the world, my anxiety got really bad. As we know, intoxication takes it away for a bit but it comes back x100. I had to get sober to manage my anxiety and OCD. Having ZERO control over much of anything right now isn’t easy, but I can use that to focus on recovery…the only thing I seem to have control of. Seems twisted since addiction is based off of lack of ability to control ones self, but hey…whatever works, right?

4 Likes

Congrats!! Staying sober is hard some days are easy some days just really get to me. Honestly I’m terrified of the person i become when i use drugs and alochol. So i write it all down everything i hate about that side of me. Sometimes it works sometimes i just need to get away

2 Likes

@Sayla I suffer from anxiety depression ptsd when I was in my addiction I use to say and think to myself that getting high iff meth would help me relieve me from all that but in reality it just made it worse and it was just an excuse I was giving my own self because I powerless and unmanageable but I can truly say this to you @Sayla that staying connected to the rooms and going to the meetings and following the steps working the program is what has kept me sober. I’m so honored for making it threw a other day sober thanks to Sober Time The Meetings I attend The Big Book and my support I have here at Home It Works if you Work it. :heart::heart::heart::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

@Lil_Bit Its not easy mostly with this covid but remember God doesn’t put a burden on us we can’t handle. Live one breath at a time and work the steps it works if you want it to work… :heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Today I found myself restless, irritable, and discontent. These are the noticable symptoms of what can lead to an impossible craving. When I worked chapter 3 with my sponser tonight we were able to help me see how these issues begin in my heart :heart:. When I feel wronged in even the slightest way I need to stop and ask for serenity to accept what I cant change and the courage to change what I can. Sometimes the solutions can be so simple but our pride begins to convince us we are victims of injustice. Even in the most minor of cases we must lead with our heart and faith in our higher power.

2 Likes

I want to congratulate you for staying sober and doing what was needed for you to get threw this day and reach out to your sponsor and work on your torribles it’s not easy and you have great support. Pat yourself on your shoulder because you deserve it for yourself feeling the way you were feeling and having the strength to get threw it it takes alot @Quit4myDaughter. :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

This forum. My autism, because not gaming is my habit now, so my autism gives me more strength. and new habits.

1 Like

doing the same thing i did when i went to my first meeting working the program keep on trucking

2 Likes

Today I’m finishing cleaning out my Dad’s apartment and need to be of clear mind to cooperate with my sister. The knowledge that the only way through my own trauma and our collective family trauma is if I remain in control of myself. That’s getting me through today!

1 Like

The thing that’s kept me clean and for today is ME … I got to the point in my life that I don’t want to live in hell anymore I don’t want anymore shame guilt and regret. I want my kids to be safe and secure I want my partner to not worry about me when he goes to work I want my parents to enjoy there retirement without worrying about me… So I have to put me first so everyone else can live without the worry of me killing myself in addiction x

4 Likes

You can’t change the people around you but you can change the people around you. :thinking:

2 Likes

Loving that quote pauly. Hope your ok my friend x

1 Like

:grin:

3 Likes

@dalex77. One breath at a time you can do it stay positive dont give up your not alone in this where here for each other :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like