What I Don't Miss

I love your list Anon! Got all tearyEyed about the family and your parents part. Stay strong, this is awesome!

Yes-,the debating and the internal negotiations with myself-

1 Like

Just had a nap with the window open because I felt like some fresh air and it is getting warmer out.

Made me remember something else I donā€™t miss: Needing to have the window open at night to breathe because I was sweaty, full of histamines and low on oxygen. Yep, alcohol inhibits our uptake of oxygen and some cheap beers seem to be full of histamines.

5 Likes

I commend your choosing to nap. Naps are hugs we give ourselves. I think so many of societyā€™s challenges could be solved with a ā€œgood napā€. Stressed and cranky? Take a nap. Bit of anxiety? Take a nap. Need some mental clarity? Take a nap.

Which reminds meā€¦Iā€™m due for a bit of a nap, myself.

3 Likes

Your last one just owned me. Still laughing at that description. Youā€™re cray. Me too! Heh.

1 Like

Ever used a Tucks pad and had steam come rolling off of it when youā€™ve had a case of alcohol-related angry ass? No? I have.

Nahā€¦Just diaper cream.

-back on topic-

I donā€™t miss all the lying and scheming to hide my drinking. I donā€™t miss constantly making stops at gas stations and liquor stores. Pretty effing ridonculous Iā€™m ā€œfriendsā€ with employees at 4 different stores. I think itā€™s a clue Iā€™m an alcoholic, when I walk into a store and the cashiers just start chatting it up n getting my bourbon. For the luv. Smfh

5 Likes

Like my favorite neighborhood eatery. They knew to pour a glass of cabernet as soon as I walked in the door. First time I went sober I sat down and was ā€œnot tonightā€. The shocked lookā€¦

1 Like

Aaaaand it just happened again. Sitting in my favorite pizza joint. My regular waitress starts running down all of the local brews on tap. I say ā€œfat cokeā€. Shocked Iā€™m not drinking. I say ā€œLentā€ā€¦

And I remember the beer part of my tab would have been 3 times the food. I could do this because ā€œIā€™m walking homeā€. More like a shamble in the general direction of home, the long way, to sober up and not get ā€œthe lookā€ when I got home.

Nope. Donā€™t miss this a bit.

2 Likes

I do not miss the guilt. The guilt of hiding wine in my bathroom cabinet. The guilt of falling asleep on my daughter as we watched TV together. The guilt from the embarrassing things I posted on Facebook the night before. All of the guiltā€¦

2 Likes

Thatā€™s why I stopped having beer the last months of 2017. I had to sneeze like crazy :sneezing_face:

1 Like