What I'm Listening To Right Now \m/

Never gets old!

2 Likes

Amazed to see this on here. Totally cool though!

1 Like

Amigo is hitting the vibe tonight! Be advised he is spooky creepy :rofl:

1 Like

Hi All,

Music is a platform that I often work emotions out through, a note or verse can tap my soul better than Reiki. When you hear something that somehow reverberates inside you it’s hard to stop obsessing about it, but maybe that’s me? I always have lots of favourite songs that come and go, flow and ebb, but they never leave me.

They are like friends (frenemies) that I visit often to strip bare my skin with and sit next to. Sometimes they raise me up, sometimes it’s like sitting in low wave stomach queasy fear. I have very strong visceral reactions to smells as well; they are like a vinyl groove pushing me along a neural pathway towards an emotion. I used to obsessively watch movies and make sense through that and it’s only now I realise that I’ve always have a detachment to self, some sort of dissociation that keeps everything arms length.

Anyway. What’s playing on your current heart strings?

I’m feeling this at the moment, no idea why, it makes me sad and a bit tearful?! Trying to figure out why.

Rina Mushongo, NarciscO

5 Likes
3 Likes

There are a few dedicated music thread. To keep things tidy I moved you to this one.
There is also Anthem of the Day (Part 3) and Froot Loops :notes: so you can connect with more sober music lovers!

This song is really relatable for me now.

1 Like

Music taste :pinched_fingers:t3::pinched_fingers:t3:

1 Like

Omg I wish!! Last one I went to was Yeah Yeah Yeahs and they blew my mind! :smiling_face:

3 Likes

The yeah yeah yeahs are amazing though.

4 Likes

I’ve loved them forever and seeing them live was honestly such a big moment. Took my daughter, who is 11 with me and it was so awesome seeing all the other “elder emo” parents there with their kids. Full circle! :joy::joy: plus Red Rocks is just phenomenal!

3 Likes

Ohhhh, you went to Red Rocks? Sweet. I’m in the UK but my friend from Oklahoma went to see HAIM there once and the pictures looked incredible.

Did your daughter enjoy it? I imagine it’s the same crowd who go to see Placebo or Skunk Anansie (my other faves)…:rofl:… I’m showing my age now.

I went to see YYY at the Alexandra palace here and they had curated the entire day with support acts and side rooms with the most bizarre bands I’ve ever seen in my life. Very eye opening… they then did a kick ass finale/headliner. I was wasted at the time, but I remember it was still epic.

Do you also like The Kills?

1 Like

Yeah, I saw them at Fuji rock in August, they were great!

1 Like

Love the kills! Alison mossheart is incredible performer!

Red rocks is my home venue :yum: spoiled

Placebo has always been a guilty pleasure for me

2 Likes

You are indeed spoiled!

3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like