What I'm Listening To Right Now \m/

Linkin Park Pushing Me Away “Even the people who never frown eventually break down”

1 Like
4 Likes
1 Like

1 Like

Recommendation to take a listen to this artist, with the most amazing voice and melancholic music

From a basement on a hill … that’s probably my favorite album by him. Got introduced to his music years ago. Some music is a phase but not Elliott smith. Also like the albums Figure 8 and xo. I equally like his acoustic albums and electric. It’s amazing all the instruments he played and I might be wrong but I think he did a lot of his own recording also. Thanks for posting

1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

6 Likes

I listen to Elliott Smith at least once a day. Since the '90s (yeah, I’m “old” :crazy_face:). All of his stuff is fantastic (including the first band he was in, here in Portland: Heatmiser).

I miss that beautifully miserable, balladeer bastard… le sigh

1 Like

That’s awesome. I love hearing when other people know about his music. It seems like his earlier music was primarily acoustic but as he developed and other albums came out it became more electric. I know the final album …from a basement on a hill Was finished after he passed away but I read they didn’t change that much that wasn’t already recorded. I definitely miss him as well. I know he struggled with addiction and mental health issues. He was very open with his lyrics and was very talented at multiple instruments. A talented human being all together. I forgot about that first band He was in. A friend told me about that a few years ago but I forgot I’ll have to look it up. Thanks for reminding me.

2 Likes

“Figure 8” is a really good album, too.

1 Like

Figure 8 is definitely a awesome album. I think I’m going to listen to the album Roman Candle tonight. So much raw emotion in his music. Glad you like his music also. So cool

1 Like

Been a fan of The Stranglers since 1977 - just what I’m listening to.

3 Likes

I LOVE this playlist! So soothing.

3 Likes

Saw The Roots play tonight. Damned what a band still , playing an anthology of soul, funk, hiphop, whatever. Over two hours nonstop. These two towards the end. The tuba works so well on Give me some more

Curtis Mayfield - Move on up

The J. B.'s - Gimme some more

7 Likes

“Modern Mirror” by Drab Majesty.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Embers from the upcoming album of God is an astronaut. So good, I’m stocked :metal:t2:

It mostly starts at 2mn :sweat_smile:

2 Likes
6 Likes