What is your fall activities?

I like to read and crochet. Watch movies and eat popcorn.

1 Like

He loves dirt flavor most

And a few days ago I had to get stern with him for eating a pile of goose poop :face_vomiting:

I have a good sized yard and huge white oaksā€¦so lots of leaves to rake, acorns to pick up. I also have to get my vegetable gardens cleaned up, and composted for next year. New this year, we just bought raw land out in the country, so Iā€™m clearing some deadfall trees, cutting firewood.

In other words, lots of work, but itā€™s a good kind of work.

1 Like

I have been avoiding this thread because I live in Florida now and I miss the seasons. Fall here is for worrying about hurricanes and sweating my ass off in the humidity.

Luckily we are hoping to move to a 4 season area after our U.S. elections are over (my husband is very involved in our county political committee and quite busy!).

Love all the fall stuff :heart: enjoy!!!

Iā€™m in Sweden shit gets cold here. I love the idea of fall, bright leaves,leggings and plain flannel (well I rather do the jeans, oversized sweater scarf thing because Iā€™ll look like a lumberjack in a plaid shirt) but usually itā€™s grey cold and rainy here. So staying indoors, staying warm and do all the pumpkin spiced things that isnā€™t available here. Hosting Halloween party, village Trunk or Treat planning costumes and hosting Thanksgiving party. This year will be different because of Covid-19 and being sober.

Going to run is the best in autumn (or in spring). Itā€™s not too chilly not too hot.

I paint with adult paint by numbers. I have found a new love for houseplants. They are so much fun to take care of. They look beautiful!!!

Iā€™ll trade with you in the blink of an eye. If I was American Iā€™ll definitely be a storm chaser. And falk here means cold, rainy, windy, gray, darkness and snow rain. We wonā€™t se sun until the end of February if weā€™re unlucky.

I lived in northern US for most of my life and had similar weather as yoursā€¦winter started in November and lasted until April. But we did have pockets of beautiful sunshine, which is a blessing. That is why we moved. But we traded one extreme for another. Finally hoping for something more moderate.

It must be very challenging living without sunshine for so long. I donā€™t envy you that. I am definitely not cut out for that.

1 Like

This far itā€™s actually being nice. But a turn is just around the corner from. October weā€™ll have like 3-4 hours daylight a day. No necessarily sunshine. And then itā€™ll turn and get brighter again in March we celebrate the light return at April 30th with Walpurgis eve. Summer is daylight 24/7 but itā€™s just a few weeks. And most people here lives for those weeks. Itā€™s crazy,but a reason for many people to spend the dark part if the year abroad.

1 Like

I like the weather in the Mid-Atlantic. We get all 4 seasonsā€¦sometimes in the same week.

1 Like

Yes, we miss all that change. Plusā€¦mountains and forests and fresh clean waterā€¦ and I could go on, but I wonā€™t. Florida, especially where we are, has so many charms and just stunning natural beauty. However, the seasons and country life are calling us. Tho leaving my parents is worrisome.

1 Like