What is your fall activities?

I LOVE cooking in the fall. Weekends you will find me in front of the stove making goodies and meals and packing my freezer full of meals.

We love hiking, forging for goodies, I cut my cat nip, dry it and hand it out to my family and friends for their fur babies. I am a avid succulent collector and expecting 4 more soon while also propagating 6 currently.
We do a lot of giving back with To our tiny community. Donating food and clothes, toiletries and gifts for the holidays and cold weather.

What do you do during the fall/weekends?

8 Likes

I too love to cook when the weather is cooler. It’s bearable to go for walks now as the temps are cooler. I’m thinking about taking up knitting or something like that this fall. I also feel like it may be time to get an actual sponsor. This is a great topic. Thank you.

2 Likes

Don’t know yet, haven’t been sober in fall yet, looking forward to finding out

2 Likes

fall is hands down my favorite time of year. ill be taking some day trips to festivals and fairs- mostly just me and my dog as my friends are all overburdened with children and spouses. I hike a lot too once the weather is cooler. maybe ill try to find a boyfriend this year​:grimacing::smile:

1 Like

Cooking things like beef stew, roast chicken, roasted root vegetables. Hearty autumnal food.

Walks in the woods

Drives through the countryside

Running in the cold morning air is much more pleasant

4 Likes

Cooking and baking with apples and pumpkins and berries from the local orchard. I will say I’m having some hesitation with cooking again. Since getting sober it’s kinda a trigger for me. I loved to cook with the music in the background and a drink by my side. I cook dinners obviously for the fam but I’m talking making sauce and pasta or a big meal. I was going to do it today after the game but wasn’t feeling it.

Love going for walks around local parks and trails this time of year. The leaves are all changing and the air is crisp.

Taking pictures of the beaches and sunsets. Oh and the moon :new_moon_with_face: love me some moon pictures. :blush:

3 Likes

Harvesting tasty animals has been my Fall-winter activity since about age 8, and not deployed. Making all different kinds of meals with the leanest and flavorful (and very low priced)!
And of course being outside near nature.

3 Likes

I love autumn :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

You’re welcome! I did knitting for a few years but oddly enough I forgot how to start it :sweat_smile: I have a severe heat intolerance and I am allergic to the sun, so I don’t get a lot of time outside in the summer unless conditions are right for me. I think that is why I love Fall so much.

I apologize for not responding sooner!! I have been sick and my migraines were kicking my butt as well :pensive:

I hope you can make the best of it :orange_heart:

1 Like

no worries

Running used to be my favorite thing to do. I totally understand that. It is exhilarating! I live in the country and my house is basically in the middle of a field surrounded by woods on a hill. So being able to sit on your porch and watch the leaves change or going for a drive is lovely.

1 Like

That’s so funny about the moon pictures! I take moon pictures as well! It’s one of my favorite things to do all year round and I have probably way to many :sweat_smile: (but can you really have to many?).
I understand the cooking and drinking part. My wife is a former alcoholic. She quit drinking 2½ years ago. It took her a year and a half before she could fully cook a meal again. Like you, she had a drink with her when she was cooking. Baby steps and slowly work your way up. One of the things she did was start small. Maybe cut up the veggies for a meal or worked on small appetizers. We just started being able to cook with alcohol again as well. You will get there! Just keep making small steps and don’t push it. :orange_heart:

1 Like

Yum!! I love me some back strap from deer. It’s the best part to cook with, in my personal opinion :yum: I have a friend who was a medic in the Army who hunted often until drinking took over his life. He would give me a little everh year and it was something I dreamed of all year :upside_down_face:
Good luck with this falls harvest!!

1 Like

This is gorgeous :heart_eyes: Fall decorating is one of the best things to do…its so inviting and makes me feel happy. Though I know some who start it in July! :laughing:

2 Likes

You should post some of your moon pics! I loved to see them! I’m looking forward to getting back in the kitchen I miss it… just got to be ready which I’m close :heart:

Old picture from ~4 yrs ago when he was a puppy…but Chief loves autumn, if only for all the leaves to try and eat. Many flavors to try.

5 Likes

Mmmm maple! :maple_leaf::joy:

1 Like

I love to snuggle up next to a fire with hot tea and a good book.

I do also like to go walk in the coloured leaves…but not as much as sitting on my butt. :rofl: