What is your favourite things to do?

Hello everyone, I’m new to community and today is day 2 of my sober life.
I would like you to share with your free time things to do, what is making you happy.
Have a lovely day everyone!

12 Likes

Im retired after 50 years working play Fifa 22 and play my guitar love my gardening as i was one for over 35 years , my wife and i travel a lot now cruises and holidays in early sobriety i went to the gym and did my Meetings and got a sponsor made it easy to stay sober ,keep on trucking

8 Likes

Camping, gardening, cooking, anything Ms. Monkey tells me to do.

8 Likes

You sir, are a wise man. :+1:

4 Likes

I’m one of those people who actually likes my job, so I enjoy working. I love getting on the motorcycle and just taking longer rides early mornings, it’s very calming especially in the warmer weather. I also like cooking, grilling. The trick is finding something that everybody’s in the mood to eat at the same time.:roll_eyes:. I also like exercising, I try and make at least 45 minutes a day for it.

8 Likes

Welcome Veronika! Glad ur here! I love working out and baking. Since getting clean i have also discovered that i love to do hand embroidery. Love being out in nature also and spending time with my family :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Here’s an extensive list of hobbies put together by one of our long time members. Take a look and see if any spark your interest.

4 Likes

Welcome Rony! Yeah to day 2!!!

I like baking, walking, running, bicycling, yin yoga, reading, gardening, being on this site, knitting, hiking, writing short letters to friends, hanging out with our cats, keeping our kitchen clean, reading magazines while soaking in a hot bath, meditating, keeping orchids alive thru winter, volunteering (library, Meals on Wheels, shelters, here), going to the cute as a button little movie theater in town…and sometimes hosting/ visiting with friends or family and traveling. I used to like puzzles and drawing… I might get back into those.

:purple_heart:

4 Likes

I’m pretty much up for anything that doesn’t involve getting hammered and putting drugs inside me :joy:

Spending time with the family, Hiking, Travelling, Gaming, Exercise, Reading, Cooking, jesus I learnt to knit last year because I could :joy: I think once you get sober, and you are at peace with being sober, anything you do rocks your world because you see the beauty in everything.

I stared at the chopped up veg in the meal I was cooking earlier and was amazed at the mixture of colours and textures. It literally opens your mind to absolutely anything can be cool.

5 Likes

To be honest I haven’t found my thing yet. I lost all interests and hobbies. But I like to get out to the beach. I also make sure I have a nightly routine of shower hair skin ect to keep a constant which is making me happy. Also sweeping our wood floors. Who knew that would keep my sanity! I try to find joy in the mundane!

4 Likes

Funnily enough writing just then about not really having any hobbies. It popped in my head iv really wanted to get a rock tumbler in the past and go trawling for some wicked finds on hikes. Thankyou for this post. Literally just cracked open something long lost!

3 Likes

During winter I like to snowboard.

Summer I like to camp, hike, backpack

Love to cook, make videos and make music.

Welcome to the community!

4 Likes

I want to get a rock tumbler for when our grandson visits. I know they are loud tho!

2 Likes

I have a few hobbies and like to try new things. I took tap dancing lessons a while back. It was a hoot.

2 Likes

What kind of dancing? I’d love to do that!

Tap, just all the basic steps.

2 Likes

I’m doing line dancing with some friends at the park. It’s winter so we took a hiatus.

1 Like

Welcome Rony and congratulations on 2 days! Nicely done. Three,no wait four favorite oh crap make it five. In order: meditate,exercise,listen to music,read a good book,express gratitude here on TS the gratitude thread. But wait,lol,there’s more. Be of service by practicing Karma Yoga,keep an open heart and connect with other souls,pet my cats,hang at the pool. And welcome newcomers here! Glad you’re here. This is a safe and supportive space. See you around. :pray: Namaste

5 Likes

Since becoming sober, I feel like I live a much more lively and fun life! I love to:

• Go to the beach
  • Go on long walks outdoors
  • Find waterfalls
  • Take my nephew and niece to a playground, the movies or an arcade (just spending time with them lifts my spirit and brings us so much joy :heart:)
  • Read
  • Learn Spanish
  • Take photos of flowers
  • Do puzzles
  • Go on roadtrips
  • Go camping
  • Travel
  • Cook for people
  • Watch/go see stand-up comedy
  • Watch movies & documentaries
  • Meditate
  • Lunch with friends