What keeps you fighting

I look at my son and all my urges fade even after 4 months I still have dreams or I feel like maybe I can control it and I suddenly snap back to reality but just curious what different things keeps everyone fighting

7 Likes

My goals my little one and the missus, always keeps me strong & determined when feel low or crappy

2 Likes

my son the last thing he ever needed in his life was to see me fall down drunk and vomiting. I will never forget the way he looked at me that night.

7 Likes

Frankly, I can’t think of anything but vengeance. Their poison took so much from me. I pretty much have nothing but my life.

4 Likes

i’m enjoying living nowadays. i never was before. just constantly suffering and full of depression, fear, guilt, shame, etc. i’ve worked really hard to change my attitude and outlook on life and i have every intention of continuing to grow and build myself into a better person day by day. if i use/drink i know exactly where it will get me and man i do not want to be back there.

congratulations of four months that’s bad ass :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Knowing and wanting to be well for my girls.

3 Likes

My son wrote this the other day. Keeps me sober.

13 Likes

Wow that is truly powerful

2 Likes

Went to meetings dont fight it anymore just live a day at a time wish you well

2 Likes

I am sober for myself.
I tried many times to get sober for my daughters but it never stuck when I finally did it for me and only me it stuck. sounds selfish I know but that’s what keeps me sober now knowing how many times I have tried in the past to get and stay sober and couldn’t until I did it for the right reasons.
Now I refuse to fail myself. Others are proud of me sure and I would hate to disappoint them but honestly I think they are all just waiting for it to happen. I refuse to make myself not be proud of me again. Right now I am so proud of every thing I have gone through and I’m not taking that back for anything.:purple_heart:

5 Likes

10 Likes

I would say my kids but sometimes I would like to get clean for myself I’m getting sick and tired of being sick. And tyerd I won’t to do it for my self then my kids will be next I. Line I help my self then I would help them
I just need to make it through the night prayers that I can this is my kids and husband we are a big family

5 Likes

Well you certainly look amazing! Thank you for sharing

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

My future. Fear of having nothing to show for all my years.

1 Like

100% my wife.

1 Like

Beautiful family thanks for sharing God bless

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I surrendered. I no longer have to fight.

1 Like

My beautiful boys, just over a year ago I nearly lost them for good, I had to be supervised with them 24/7 for 3 months. I’m now a drug and alcohol recovery coach if I pick up my DOC again its bye bye kids and bye bye job

4 Likes