What made you quit drinking?

I realized alcohol was running my life and not me.

10 Likes

It was either I quit or I was heading for serious health issues, probably death. My whole system was out of whack and I felt sick every night and morning whether I drank a lot or a little the night beforeā€¦ yet I kept drinking nightly when I just got increasingly tired of feeling ill ALL THE TIME. Best decision ever.

15 Likes

Thaanks :slightly_smiling_face: means alot

1 Like

Declining health and lack of ability to get my life/ responsibilities in order.

7 Likes

I can definitely relate to this.

1 Like

Iā€™m beyond happy you made the right choice!!! Keep it up @Thirdmonkey proud of you.

1 Like

Liver cirrhosis at age 28.

8 Likes

@Clarity both my uncles passed from alcoholism. It still scares me to see how our minds think the liquid is so powerful it can control us. Proud of you.

2 Likes

Accepting that Iā€™m an alcoholic. And, If I wanted a life free of the bondage of self, all I needed was the help & strength of you guys. Well, maybe a little work from me tooā€¦ :smiley:

6 Likes

@Lyn1 we are all here for you. Rude this out like a roller coaster. You will get through this. Proud of you.

@mleclaire looks like youā€™re doing an incredible job! I commend you, keep it up!!!

DUI and totaled my 2010 suburban :bangbang: And Iā€™m still around for a second chance at life

6 Likes

Your story is pretty much mine, and was why I let the drinking go tooā€¦I was destroying every good, true and constant thing in my lifeā€¦my husband is my best friend, and my Dad who is my world sat there watching me self destruct and it was killing himā€¦heā€™s my world and I realized I Gotta do better than this.

I AM better than thisā€¦so I said DONE, and here I am with you fine, brave beautiful people!

The road is longā€¦the road is winding, and the end destination is everything!

Keep walking folksā€¦keep rising, and keep thriving!

:blush::raised_hands:t2::sun_with_face::ocean:

6 Likes

Iā€™m glad that voice came too you, and so, so glad your here with us today!

Blessings to you!

:blush::raised_hands:t2::sun_with_face::ocean:

2 Likes

My life was a total wreck. My husband was an addict. And he was mean he was putting his hands on me regularly. We lost everything. I was already ā€œtryingā€ but the gut check that made it finalā€¦ my daughter told me ā€œi wanna grow up to be just like you mommyā€ reality check. A couple of days later the last time husband did or ever will touch meā€¦ And it was BAD. My thoughts to self ā€œYou are showing them how to be and if you are an addict. Youā€™re telling them itā€™s ok. If you are letting them be raised by an abusive addict your showing them itā€™s okay. If you are being abused often and repeatedly and let it continueā€¦ Youā€™re saying thatā€™s okay.ā€ No i will not be THAT example to my kids.

18 Likes

Glad youā€™re fighting. Keep up the good work @Soundlab

1 Like

Iā€™m dam proud of you.

1 Like

Thanks so much. Its been a journey. But im still on course and dont plan on getting off.

3 Likes

What a great mom you are.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Thanks. I am still working on getting back to my full potential. But im much better than I was 2 months ago.

4 Likes