What next?

I was sober from drugs for almost 10 months but in jan i relapsed and now i struggle to stay sober I’ve hone 44 days sober and not a day goes by that I want to go out n use. any suggestions

2 Likes

Have you tried going to an NA meeting? They work wonders for me,I had a bad slip just over a month ago so I dug in and hammered my meetings and its helped lift the compulsion and obsession to use. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Meetings meeting meetings. I was sober for a year and a half… I got complacent stopped going to meeting and bam dialudid was already up my veins before I knew it… I’m on day 40 today. Daily struggle.

One day at a time bud, relapse and lapses will always be around. Our minds are a screwed up thing.

I always say “first thought wrong” and then recite step one of the 12 steps. If that doesnt work I get my ass to a meeting…

Here if you need to talk bro.

4 Likes

I talked to my dr about getting help.
I also joined AA
Came here everyday
Kept busy
Took vitamins
Drank lits b of water
Yoga/meditation
Told my family I was quiting
Educated myself on my DOC

I had to change everything.
Congrats on 44 days

3 Likes

thanks man. I feel it’s harder to try to stay clean now than it was before I relapsed I’m just going one day at a time

When we use again we open ourselves back up to the compulsion to use again, it will settle down given a little time mate. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You got this just by the way you write I can see your very aware of what needs doing sorry to hear about your slip good on ya for your clean time here’s to matching that time and more🙏